LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Add Ins not working

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2
scooterfj62 Posted: Tue, Jul 10 2012 5:11 PM

After receving the notice regarding the expired office Add-ins we went through the work around step by step and now none of the office add-ins work. In fact there isn't even the option to load the word,excel, outlook add-ins available in TM10. When going to the workstation options, after running TM10 as an administrator all of the options are greyed out and we get a mesage that there are no word processors on the computer and another mesage that we have to run as administrator.

We are running TM 10 on Win 7 computer with Office 10.

Scott J. Liotta, Esquire Liotta Law Group, P.A. 121 South Orange Avenue Suite 1500 Orlando, FL 32801
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 40
Ken Brown replied on Wed, Jul 11 2012 8:42 AM

Normal 0 false false false EN-CA X-NONE X-NONE

I had a very similar issue.  After diligently following the "fix" instructions I could "TM Save" as per normal, however, I could NOT "TM Save" versions. (Forum post "Cannot TM Save versions after Reinstalling Expired Time Matters Add-ins").

I have been told, in no uncertain terms, that the problem with the "fixed" add-ins was a known issue in version 10, and the only resolution to this is to upgrade to Time Matters version 11.

Just to be sure, have you tried;

- close all apps that have TM add Ins,

- go  to File / Setup / General / Workstation and "uncheck" all in the "word processor setup" and "additional program setup"

- quit TM

- start TM, then go  to File / Setup / General / Workstation and this time "check" all in the "word processor setup" and "additional program setup".

I had to do this several times to get to the point where add-ins worked (except for saving versions), so maybe that'd help you?

Ken Brown Dunn and Dunn Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

What kind of rights does the user have on the workstation? If they have limited rights, that could be the issue. Try opening Time Matters by right clicking and choosing run as administrator. 

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2

Karen, user has full administrative rights and I have TM 10 set up to always run as administrator. Tried the right-click, run as well and no luck.

Scott J. Liotta, Esquire Liotta Law Group, P.A. 121 South Orange Avenue Suite 1500 Orlando, FL 32801
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS