rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 248
.CIC
BM CIC
TM CIC
Joanne Anstess Posted: Sat, Jun 24 2006 3:27 AM
Has anyone found a way to spell check a post before it is sent?

Joanne Anstess

BOLD Technologies, Inc.
Time Matters-CIC
Troy, Michigan
248-457-2000 x10
www.boldtechnologies.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 961
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC
WS CIC
Joanne Anstess:
Has anyone found a way to spell check a post before it is sent?

That issue came up as we were testing the software. That capability does not exist in the CS software. There are some add-ons that do it, but we are not anywhere near ready to start looking at all the cool stuff we can add-on.

In an ideas@timematters kind of way, I suggest that you find out how you can make a feature suggestion to Community Server (http://communityserver.org/) and let them know that would be a good feature. They are working on version 3. Let us know what you find.

In the meantime, you might consider an editor that has a spell-checker. Then you can cut and paste in your post. I suspect some people will jump in with what they use. Kevin Bross and I use PSPad, which has a free version.

Thomas L. Rowe, Esq. (Tom)
CIC/Forum Administrator
For Time Matters information, Utilities and Practice Area Templates, visit us at: OTB Consulting

2009, 2010, 2012 LexisNexis Platinum Achievement Circle

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 248
.CIC
BM CIC
TM CIC

I searched the community server site for spell check and got many hits.  It has been asked often but the answer seems to be that they are going to leave it to third party tools.  Speaking of which, the easy solution seems to be the spell check option on the Google toolbar.  I just tried it and it auto-fixed and highlighted.  I like it!

Joanne Anstess

BOLD Technologies, Inc.
Time Matters-CIC
Troy, Michigan
248-457-2000 x10
www.boldtechnologies.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 961
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC
WS CIC
Joanne Anstess:

I searched the community server site for spell check and got many hits.  It has been asked often but the answer seems to be that they are going to leave it to third party tools.  Speaking of which, the easy solution seems to be the spell check option on the Google toolbar.  I just tried it and it auto-fixed and highlighted.  I like it!

I tried the Google spell check in FireFox and it didn't work. I tried it even in an IE window you can open in FireFox and it didn't see any editable fields. Works fine in IE, though.

Looks like it might have to be IE for this forum for the time being.

Thomas L. Rowe, Esq. (Tom)
CIC/Forum Administrator
For Time Matters information, Utilities and Practice Area Templates, visit us at: OTB Consulting

2009, 2010, 2012 LexisNexis Platinum Achievement Circle

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS