LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Invoice #'s

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 0
Trudy Brown Posted: Tue, Jun 27 2006 1:23 AM

I am currently using TM/BM 6 and have noticed, looking back at my invoice list, that there are quite a few skipped / missing invoice numbers.  I am assuming this is from "create invoices" that were not posted or that were deleted / voided. 

I would like to fill in some of those missing invoice numbers and would like to know how I can manually put in invoice numbers for my next billing cycle. to make up for "lost" invoice numbers.

Thanks in advance.

Trudy Brown Law Offices of Anthony Capobianco La Quinta, CA tbrown@capobiancolaw.com TM / BM Version 9
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 57
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

I think you are correct, the misssing numbers are deleted invoices.

At the program level setup go to the billing tab and under invoices you'll find the setting for "allow invoice numbers to be manually numbered". 

Hope this helps.

David Michael, Michael Matters, Inc
Lexis Nexis Practice Management CIC
Time Matters 5.0, 6.0, 7.0
Billing Matters 6.0 & 7.0
Billing Matters Plus 7.0
Wilmington, North Carolina
910-612-6774

David Michael, Michael Matters, Inc Time & Billing Matters • PC Law • Wilmington, NC Toll Free 877.880.2440 www.michaelmatters.com -mind over matters-

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 348
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC

In addition to David Michael's instructions to check the General Set Up for Billing/Invoices to allow manual invoice entry, you must also set the invoice number at the Case/Matter level using the Billing Preferences.

Before creating an invoice for a case/matter, open the Case/Matter, select Edit/Billing Preferences (or highlight the record and press CtrlB), select the Accounts Receivable tab. On the bottom of that screen, change the button to "Use the following invoice number" and manually type in the invoice number.  Run the invoice and post. 

You need to remind yourself to go back through this process and uncheck this option otherwise every invoice you create for this case/matter will have the same invoice number.

Deanne Ikard Ikard Consulting Time Matters CIC Billing Matters/Billing Matters Plus CIC Time Matters Enterprise CIC LNTPA CIC PCLaw CIC 707-863-9718 Green Valley, CA Serving Northern California
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS