LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Forum Digests?

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 0
Wayne Wallberg Posted: Tue, Jun 27 2006 4:18 AM

I've just signed up for the new forums.  Congratulations on the new look & software.

However - one thing I notice - and will miss if I can't find a substitute - is the daily digest of message traffic.  I do see several alternatives - a review of unread posts among them.  But this item doesn't seem to fit the same needs.  I tended to review the daily digest and if the topic wasn't interesting I would just skip it by.  I don't need to be reminded that it is an unread topic.

I did notice an item called 'Email Subscription' at the top of certain threads and forums.  I couldn't find and explanation of this item.

Could anyone explain the 'Email Subscription' icon?  And whether this would substitute for the daily digest of the old forums?  Or if there is another technique to achieve this recap?

Thanks,

Wayne Wallberg IT Law Offices of Paul A. Lange, LLC

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 430
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC
There are two way to subscribe via email.  You can subscribe to a forum, which will send an email for each post, or you can subscribe to a thread, which will send an email for each post in a given thread.  There is not a way to receive a digest at the present, although there always remains the possibility that we may find a plug-in at some time in the future to provide this type of capability.

You may find it more convenient to use an NNTP newsreader (such as Outlook Express) to review the posts, as you can then retrieve all of the posts on demand without flooding your main email account.

Kevin Bross
CIC/Moderator
7 Second System & Abacus Consulting, LLC
Butler, NJ
kbross@abacus-consulting.com
www.abacus-consulting.com
973.492.5953 x200

Copyright 2006-2012 - Kevin Bross

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,196
.CIC
BM CIC
TM CIC
Another approach is to use the Posts you have not read link on Forums home page. Whenever you want it will give you a list of the most recent posts. Also, at the bottom of each Forum is a Forum Options link. Click it and at the bottom right is a Mark all read button that has the effect of removing all the posts in that Forum from the Not Read page.

Wells Anderson, JD, CIC / Moderator
800.575.0007 - Edina, MN - © 2012
www.activepractice.com
Free Time Matters Webinars monthly on the second Friday

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS