LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Automatically billing for Photo Copies

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 0
Jeff Wyatt Posted: Sat, Jul 1 2006 9:44 PM

We will be bidding out for new copiers at the firm soon and I was wondering if anyone is using any automation with Time Matters to capture the copier usage with billing items for Matters? If so, do you have any suggestions in this regard.

We currently simply keep a written log beside the copiers and have someone key that data in. My ultimate goal would be to key the matter in at the copier and when the copies are done there is a corresponding billing item set up in Time Matters, with date and quantity ready to pop out on the next Pre-Bill.

Jeff Wyatt

McMahon Law Firm

Abilene, Texas

TM7r2 Enterprise, Billing Matters Plus

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 60
.CIC
BM CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

Jeff,

In general, the copy tracking system is independent of the copier system. We have worked with Equitrac and Copytrak systems. Both are pathetic.

Both have an 'export' procedure that creates a text file containing, among other things, matter, # copies. 

You will have to create an import template to create the billing entries.

We have had lots of problems with importing that require doing things like 'refereshing' each import field during each import process. It's cumbersome, but it works.

Let me know if you need any further info.

Mike Lenoir

Mike Lenoir
Matrix Solutions, Inc. Brandon, MS

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 353
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC
WS CIC
eCopy, which is a copier interface used by many OEMs, may be able to send data to Time Matters.  Contact me off-line for a contact info.  Disclaimer:  Mark Deal and I helped this company use the Time Matters Datalink to send copy information to the Time Matters db.

Robert S. McNeill, J.D., Time Matters-Billing Matters-PCLaw CIC, Moderator

OTB Consulting-2009 and 2010 Lexis Platinum Achievement Award-Top Time Matters Producer

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS