LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Erros in AR GL Distribution Detail Report

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 3
PEL Posted: Wed, Jul 12 2006 2:04 AM

The following is an excert from the error summary at the end of my AR GL Distribution Detail Report. Posting is no allowed due to the errors. In trying to backtrack to find the problem I checked the billing preferences setting of each matter, the chart of accounts, and each individual trasnaction in the trasnaction list, but everywhere that calls for a GL account designation has the proper info. Anyone have an idea of where I should look to find the missing info?

Error Summary

Page Error Txn Type Txn Number Matter/Description

1 Missing General Ledger Account Pay to Funds CTA-CNEI Corporate M

1 Missing General Ledger Account Pay to Funds CTA-Dunbar v. BofA

1 Missing General Ledger Account Pay to Funds CTA-IBHS Corporate M

1 Missing General Ledger Account Pay to Funds CTA-Oliver Beach Pro

1 Missing General Ledger Account Payment Check: 1809- Kima Co

1 Missing General Ledger Account Payment Check: 1124- Glanz v

1 Missing General Ledger Account Pay to Funds 2019095480 CTA-Redmond v. Harri

1 Transaction Out of Balance Payment 120052161 Check: 7076- CHC Cor

1 Missing General Ledger Account Withdraw Funds1539 CTA-Redmond v. Harri

2 Missing General Ledger Account Payment 120052158 Check: 10584- ALMA F

Detail: Bil

Paul E. Lee / Law Office of PAUL E. LEE / Los Angeles, CA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 13
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

Paul, have your checked to make sure the GL Accounts are assigned in 1) each Staff (Options tab), bank accounts, Time and Expense Bill Codes, and your Billing Preferences Templates?

Pat Nemish, CIC

Mellitz & Associates

Pat Nemish LexisNexis Certified Independent Consultant for Time Matters, Total Practice Advantage, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law 314.997.2369 /415.846.4454 / 415.786.4952 pnemish@mellitzconsulting.com www.mellitzconsulting.com
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 348
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC

You need to check Pages 1 and 2 for the specific payments and some of the entries will not have a GL Account assigned.  They are usually easy to spot because there is a blank in the column listing for GL Accounts with a $ amount in the credit column.   You will need to identify the billing record associated with the entry and then look at the entry to see if the bill code is missing if you are transfering by bill code.  With SR2, you can process/change billed billing records.

You have one out of balalnce transaction which is a different issue.  You will need to identify that specific transaction.  You could try deleting that transaction and reentering it to see if it will post.

Deanne Ikard Ikard Consulting Time Matters CIC Billing Matters/Billing Matters Plus CIC Time Matters Enterprise CIC LNTPA CIC PCLaw CIC 707-863-9718 Green Valley, CA Serving Northern California
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 3
PEL replied on Thu, Jul 13 2006 12:44 AM

Thank you, Pat. I will go back and double check everything.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 3
PEL replied on Thu, Jul 13 2006 12:45 AM
Thanks, Deanne.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 7

Hey!  I didn't know that TM would give us an error summary --- I've always scanned to find the errors.  How can I get that error summary myself?

-Micah Salb

-Micah Salb Lippman, Semsker & Salb, LLC Bethesda, MD (301) 656-6905 TM/BM8+
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS