LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

News Reader setup, but displays no messages

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 5
krutec Posted: Thu, Dec 7 2006 2:30 AM
I setup the newsreader in TM 7.0 to utilize the RSS feed for this forum.  I copied the following URL into the News Provider setup screen:

http://pmforums.lexisnexis.com/forums/rss.aspx?ForumID=19&Mode=0&UserName=XXXXXX
&Token=3a0200d4-2fa2-4557-ba8a-4c5240f78249-----I purposedly crossed out the username with
a series of Xs

I get nothing.  The provider headlines window is blank.  The preview window is blank.  As a test, I tried to setup the mealeys.com RSS feed, but I still get no response.  Just blank windows.  Any idea as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help. 

Rick Tucker Office Manager Megan E. Glor, Attorneys at Law 621 SW Morrison, Suite 900 Portland, OR 97205

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 174
.CIC
TM CIC

Try adjusting any of several items:

1.  Allocate more space in the viewing panel. Find the double arrow icon as you drag the pointer between panels and allow more space.

2. Change your Viewing options (located at the bottom of the screen when highlighting and forum)

change from a threaded to a flat view. 

I added the forum url and could not initially view the posts and threads, but one of the abouve changes fixed it.

Good luck.

Tom C.

Tom Caffrey, CIC (Moderator)
President, Premier Software
Tele: 856-429-3010
Web: www.premiersoftware.com
DEVELOPER - WealthData for  Estates and Elder Law; CivilData for Litigation Feature
Home of SOS: Small Office Server, a subscription based server for small law firms

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 5
krutec replied on Mon, Dec 18 2006 9:23 PM
Thanks for getting back to me.  I tried #1 and that had no effect.  I allocated as much space as possible and still had blank viewing panels.  As for #2, I didn't see any viewing options at the bottom of the screen.  I have a blank status bar with the exception of the path to the TM data, user info, the time and date.   I tried attaching a screen shot to give you a better idea of what I'm seeing, but I don't have the permissions to do so. 

--Rick

Rick Tucker Office Manager Megan E. Glor, Attorneys at Law 621 SW Morrison, Suite 900 Portland, OR 97205

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS