LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Invoice numbers on Statements

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 0
seaves Posted: Tue, Mar 20 2007 5:26 PM

We would like invoice numbers to show up on Statements of past-due accounts.  The bill profile includes the invoice number field.  I don't know how to determine which (if any?) bill layout is associated with the bill profile for Statements, but we have four bill layouts and the invoice number field is selected on each one.  Still no invoice number on the Statements.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Sandy Eaves

Beaumont, Texas

TM/BM+ 7.0

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 220
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

Sandy,

I would recommend focusing your troubleshoot efforts on the Bill Layout. Some of the items I would look at on the Layout: Ensure the field is large enough for the character spaces. Remove the field, place it back it, again make sure it is large enough. I have noticed that on some of the fields it may appear to be large enough, but the field margins need to be several character spaces longer in order for the field information to print as you would anticipate.

I hope this helps.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 589
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC

Sandy, are you referring to the Standard Reports>Transactions>Statement report?  If so, you should see Invoice numbers regardless of the layout.  Only the header changes with the different Layout Options.  The details of the report produce the same columns with every layout.  I don't believe the Bill Profile come into the picture.

If you are looking for an Action Message with the Invoice number of the past due Invoice, I'm not sure this is possible.  I generally use the Statement report with the past due invoice.  This provides a simple record on Invoices, Payments and funds activity for the client.

Richard B. Marx MME Consulting Services, LLC Lexis Nexis Time Matters Certified Independent Consultant (CIC) Moderator Phoenix, AZ 602-667-5706 info@mmeonline.net http://www.mmeonline.net/

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS