LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Need fresh start for 2007 balance sheet

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 0
ntbrown Posted: Sun, Apr 1 2007 6:37 AM
Because of the great number of errors made in entries in 2006 which prevent posting of many transactions, I recreated my 2006 accounting records (income stmt and balance sheet accounts) using Microsoft Excel.  How do I enter the correct starting balances for balance sheet accounts for 1/01/2007 instead of carrying over the incorrect balances from 2006. I want to do this without losing any time keeping, billing/payment records because those details are accurate in 2006.

N. T. Brown
Michael L. Brown, P. C.
5535F Memorial Dr #662
Houston, TX 77007
N. T. Brown Michael L. Brown, P. C. 5535F Memorial Drive Houston, Tx 77007
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 589
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC
You may need to get with TM support on this issue.  They do have tools to set a posting date and or post your erroneous GL entries to give you a clean start.  You could make Journal Entries to correct your account balances but this would not correct the ability to Post your AP and AR General Distribution Reports.  Be sure to let them know your specific issues and also your Version and Edition of the software. 

Richard B. Marx MME Consulting Services, LLC Lexis Nexis Time Matters Certified Independent Consultant (CIC) Moderator Phoenix, AZ 602-667-5706 info@mmeonline.net http://www.mmeonline.net/

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS