CIC Solutions Forums
Certified Independent Consultant Solutions Forums for
LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Send to billing inherits current date and time - not source record date and time.

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 0
Daniel Levine Posted: Wed, Aug 22 2007 2:10 AM

Does anyone know if I have a setting wrong in TM8e SR2.  Each time I select a group of emails and click send to billing, the inheritance of the new billing records is with the date and time of the send to billing action (current time and date) as opposed to the date and time in the record I am sending from. 

Can this be changed?  Is there a way to repopulate the correct date and time in the billing records without going record to record manually.

Many thanks

Daniel

Daniel A. Levine, CTP Managing Director Hiram Capital L.L.C. Washington: (202) 349-3860 www.HiramCapital.com 1725 I. Street, NW - Suite 300 Washington, DC 20006
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 220
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

Daniel,

I recreated the Process Change Bill Records from the Email List in my own system (TM/BM+8). I sampled a few email records from various dates and observed the Bill Date properly inherited the Email Date, as well as any duration. The Date field at the top left corner of the Bill Record reflected the current date. The Top Left Date Field is intended for the actual date the Billing record was entered in Time Matters. The Bill Date is intended to reflect the date the work was completed. So make sure the Bill Date is reflecting the Email Date. Typically the Bill Date field is the date printed on Bills.

I hope this helps.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 0

Lisa thank you for your assistance you are correct the Bill Date is inherited properly from the email record. The only issue that I have now is that the Start time is not inherited with anything.  Is there a setting that causes the Start time to be inherited with the start time of the email record?

Many thanks

Daniel

Daniel A. Levine, CTP Managing Director Hiram Capital L.L.C. Washington: (202) 349-3860 www.HiramCapital.com 1725 I. Street, NW - Suite 300 Washington, DC 20006
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS