LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Reprinting bills;

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 8
David Bert Havas Posted: Wed, Nov 14 2007 4:25 AM
TM 8E, on Windows XPPro, peer to peer network with 3 stations.

I am trying to reprint old bills and get an error message which says "this is not a valid address. Web address should begin with www. or htpp://" I am not trying to pull up a web file. I go to Billing, Invoice List and then right click on the invoice and click on Reprint Bill and get the above error message. Any ideas how to resolve this?

David Bert Havas
Attorney at Law
533 26th Street, Suite 100
Ogden, UT 84401
Tel: 801.395.0556
Fax: 801.393.4004
Toll Free: 1.888.923.8411
e-mail: dbhavas@qwestoffice.net
Look us up on the web: havaslaw.com

David Bert Havas

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 41
Jwyatt replied on Wed, Nov 14 2007 4:27 PM

I just tested and was able to get the same result by renaming the file. If the location (path) where the original bill was stored has been changed you get this message. My path was Y\tmw7e\data\files\Bills\2007\9 since it was a September bill I looked up.

Once you determine why the file is not in the expected location you will be able to figure out how extensive the problem is.

Jeff Wyatt
Abilene, Texas

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 8
Thank you for your reply. However, going through the files in this way is extremely tedious when looking for one client's bill. Besides, I only show the bills for 2007, I don't have earlier bills in the ...\files\bills folder. But, my question is in regard to reprinting a bill from the menu item Billing>Invoice List and then reprint the particular client's bill for whatever period a bill was done. On some of the client "invoices" I can reprint the bill, but, on many I get the error message "Show Web Page - This is not a valid Web Address. Web Addresses should begin with www or http://" Which seems funny to me since I am not asking for a web page, but, rather a PDF file.

David Bert Havas
Attorney at Law
533 26th Street, Suite 100
Ogden, UT 84401
Tel: 801.395.0556
Fax: 801.393.4004
Toll Free: 1.888.923.8411
e-mail: dbhavas@qwestoffice.net
Look us up on the web: havaslaw.com

David Bert Havas

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 348
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC

If you recently upgraded, you will have to copy  TM#??/Data/Files/Bills ) old version files to the location of your new version data.  Look in the old version path.  Under the Bills folder you will see folders for each year you have been on Billing Matters.  Inside these folders are the individual images.  The only file you have to be careful about is the year and month you converted your data (assuming you did - and this message tells me that you did).   For this folder, open it and copy the individual images to the new location in the 2007 folder with the month that you converted.  Then copy the other month folders to the new 2007 folder.  You can copy the other year folders from the as a single copy as these folders will not overwrite any previous folders.  Hope this makes sense.

Deanne Ikard Ikard Consulting Time Matters CIC Billing Matters/Billing Matters Plus CIC Time Matters Enterprise CIC LNTPA CIC PCLaw CIC 707-863-9718 Green Valley, CA Serving Northern California
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS