LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Bank reconciliation of NSF

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1
Dera Pease Posted: Mon, Jan 28 2008 5:12 PM

We received notice of a NSF payment from client.  I reversed the payment in the client matter (A/R) tab. However, now I have the bank statement to reconcile. This reversing entry, though it shows as a "payment" on the account register, doesn't appear in the bank reconciliation screen for clearing.

I must have processed the NSF incorrectly by reversing payment in the A/R - what do I do?

Thank you.

Dera Pease

Practice Advanatage

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 147
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC
WS CIC
If an unreconciled item is showing on your check register but not showing in your account reconciliation screen you can refresh the item to get it to display properly.  Open the check register and locate the item.  Right-click on it and choose "Reconcile."  Then right-click again and choose "Unreconcile."  This should refresh the item and force it to show on the reconciliation screen.  Hope this helps!

Kelly Jones - Moderator | 7 Second System | kelly@7secondsystem.com | Phoenix 480.422.4315 ext. 1 

LexisNexis® Practice Management Certified Independent Consultant LNTPA - Time Matters - Billing Matters - World Server - PC Law

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS