Is anyone running all 3?
In Office 2007, are you able to click on the TM save/open buttons or do you get a configuration error message? If the latter, you may be able to use the TM save/open buttons in Office 2007 by disabling User Account Controls.
I would appreciate any input on this.
Josh Sukol Expert Consulting, LLC JSukol@CornerstoneIT.com Direct (216) 315-6072 Cleveland Ohio
Thanks Josh, but you lost me.
I only have one person (me) using the computer. There is only one user account in Vista and it is listed as an administrator. When I go to the workstation on Vista I have no problem using "Additional Program Setup" or the Office 2007 link. No error message at all.
The link between Office 2007 and TM9E does work if you operate from TM9E and try to save an Office 2007 document as a TM document. However, if you click on the little button for TM save from within Office 2007, it does not work if UAC is enable and does if UAC is not enabled.
So, are you saying that currently, on your workstation, from within Office 2007, if you click on the toolbar link for TM Save, it will open a TM Save window for you? And that's with UAC enabled on your Vista workstation?
7 Second System & Abacus Consulting, LLC
Copyright 2006-2012 - Kevin Bross
I tried Mr. Bross's suggestion and did the following:
1. Re-enabled UAC on my computer and rebooted as required.
2. Opened Word 2007 and tried the TM Save/Open links to see if they still did not work now that I have UAC in play. They still do not work.
I get the error message "Location Not Found" and it says it will open my File Location Configuration File, which it does, but the File is empty. The paths are not there. However, this appears to be a bit of a red herring because my file locations are just fine as we will see below.l
3. I closed Word 2007. I ran TM9E as administrator by right clicking. I went to workstation set-up and clicked on Word Processer and Other Programs. I disabled Word 2007 and Outlook integrations, then opened those screens again to re-enable them (actually TM automatically checks to enable them whenever you open this screen).
(Kevin, you said install Outlook integration, but I assume you also meant Word integration and you meant instal by just checking the checkbox)
4. I now started up Word 2007 again. TM Save/Open links still do not work. Get exact same error message.
5. I now disable UAC again and reboot. Start up TM9E and Word. The TM links work fine and there is nothing wrong with my File Location Configuration File.
Ergo, it appears something in Vista is blocking the TM Link in Office 2007 applications from working unless UAC is disabled.
If someone has the TM Links working in Vista 64 with UAC enabled, I would love to share thoughts.
I know this is an old link but I found a solution for a similar problem I had with Windows 7 and if anyone is searching the archives I thought I would add this info.
I had to replace my hard drive on my Windows 7, 64 bit machine. I made an image of the original and installed it on the new hard drive. Everything seemed to work but all of a sudden I was unable to open Time Matters unless I right clicked on the icon and chose Run as Administrator. After many rabbit trails the answer for me was to go to Windows Explorer, right click on the tmw7e folder, choose properties, choose security, choose edit and then give the Users Group full permissions by checking those boxes which were unchecked.
That solved the problem and Time Matters opens without problem.
Jeff WyattAbilene Texas