Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Billflow Manager Filter Settings

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 0
bsjpc1 Posted: Thu, Jan 8 2009 11:46 PM

TM Enterprise 9.0 SR1

I have a question on the range filter setting in the BillFlow Manager.  I want to include all unbilled time but AR info from the last 90 days only.  When I set the beginning date to the previous 90 days will it only include unbilled time from those 90 days.  I am running into an issue of extremely large collections, most of the matters do not have a balance or unbilled time but are included because there was an AR transaction previously.  Any suggestions on how to narrow them down?

Thanks,

Elizabeth Satterfield

Financial Manager

Broude, Smith & Jennings, P.C.

309 West 7th Street, Suite 1100

Fort Worth, Texas 76102

Direct Dial - 817/509-1620

817/335-1615 ext. 620

817/335-1603 (fax)

Email: es@bsjpc.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 467
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC

The 'range' filter in the BillFlow is looking at the bill date on unbilled items. The collection doesn't in itself have a way to exclude matters where there is only AR activity. However, if you can identify those matters, you can set up a bill cycle and start filtering them out.

You can also run the collection report, then sort the components by total. Then you can tag and print those zero bills to the screen. Click preview, and then close and post. That should effectively remove them from future collections. Or you can tag and remove them from the collection using the process. Or you can archive the matter. But, it's only in the bill printing where you can exclude matters with no WIP, or change the 'flag' on AR transactions so that they don't appear on subsequent bills, or in subsequent collections.

Kathy Burger PREMIER LEVEL CIC - PCLaw, Time and Billing Matters Plus Certified Kathy Burger Consulting, LLC 200 Windward Ave. Beachwood, NJ 08722 732-279-6301 Kathy@KathyBurgerConsulting.com

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS