LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

TM9 and HD2008 zip code variable drops the leading zero

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1
DSwinton Posted: Fri, May 1 2009 7:54 PM

I am new to hotdocs and created a template mapping address fields between TM9 and HD2008. All merges fine but for the zip code.  Most zip codes in NJ start with a zero. That leading 0 is being dropped. I have the variable as text, not number.

How can I keep that leading zero? I can't find the answer in help or google.

Thank you.

Dan Swinton

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 417
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
HD CIC
TM CIC

This is a known "feature" in the Time Matters/HotDocs link.

You will need to test for the length of the value and, if it is less than 5, pad it with leading zeros.

Mark Deal (CIC/Moderator)
Document & Data Solutions, LLC
TMTools, LLC
Atlanta, Georgia
http://www.docsol.com
mdeal@docsol.com
(770) 888-1940
Time Matters | HotDocs | PCLaw | TMTools | DDSLink | Worldox

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 111
.CIC
HD CIC
TM CIC
When you do mapping to Time Matters or link with template extensions, it is highly recommended that you create a dialog or dialogs to hold the mapped data and review it.  There are a number of circumstances where the resulting data may not be what you expect, zip codes with a leading zero (0) are one of those circumstances, but by no means the only Gotcha.

We recommend created a computation script that searches out all of the potentially troublesome imports and corrects them.  We then associate that script with a Dialog Element called a Script Link, and have the user push a Process Button during the interview after the import.

Seth

Seth G. Rowland, Esq. (CIC) Basha Systems LLC (New York, NY) (800) 725-0326 or sgr@bashasys.com www.bashasys.com (c) 2009 by Basha Systems LLC
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS