LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Sync Matter and Client records from TM to PC law

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 8
Oluwaseyi Obabiyi Posted: Wed, May 27 2009 3:08 PM

We just recently deployed PC law . I understand however, that both client and matter records in our existing Time Matters database can sync with the PC law database. How do we import the client and matters records from Time Matters into PC law?

Obabiyi Oluwaseyi, Senior Consultant, FEES Limited, 11th Floor bookshop house, CMS Lagos, Nigeria.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 544

Once you set up the link, there is a "sync' function, but  unfortunately matters do not flow from TM with that sync.  You can manually push them over one at a time by adding the matter number to the matter screen in Area 5.  If your matters were in PCLaw, then the sync does work and sets up the matter in Time Matters.

You can push the over one at a time, or you can export your information from TM and import into PCLaw - you may have to get a code from PCLaw for the import utility.  You should get help from a CIC to set up the link or help with getting started as it can be tricky depending on how your system is configured. 

Pat Cunningham, PCLaw CIC, Time Matters CIC

C & S LegalTech Consulting Group, LLC

Birmingham, AL

(205) 647-1850

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 467
I just recently converted a firm from QuickBooks for billing and accounting to PCLaw. There are pretty good notes in the help file. This firm had also been using Time Matters for a while, and so the client and matter records had to be transferred individually. First, I modified all the clients on the contact list (using tag/process) to copy the client number (ClientNo in TM) into the CientNo field. That's the top field in area 5 and is the field that establishes the link to PCLaw. Next, I went to the matter list, and copied the matter number (MatterNo in TM) into the Matter No field, again top field in area 5. Make sure all the matching of codes and staff is completed at a program level. When you open a matter and then 'save' you should get a pop up message asking if you want to save the matter to PCLaw. Lots of other things to consider as you set up PCLaw, so keep asking questions!

Kathy Burger PREMIER LEVEL CIC - PCLaw, Time and Billing Matters Plus Certified Kathy Burger Consulting, LLC 200 Windward Ave. Beachwood, NJ 08722 732-279-6301

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS