LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

How does one delete an incorrect Apply To Funds transaction

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2
Frank Cleary Posted: Wed, Jul 1 2009 10:34 PM

OK, a really silly mistake, and the passage of time, is causing me some headaches.

I billed a client one amount, and used the Automatically apply to AR function. I then (in TM) recorded the deposit from the Trust to the operating account.  The only problem is that I wrote the check from the Trust to the Operating account for about 7 dollars less than the amount I should have.  I have deleted the deposit to the operating account, and deleted the check from the trust account, but I cannot delete the Apply to AR transaction.  Is there a way to delete this transaction so that I can go back and record everything properly?  I would like to record 2 transaction that add up to the proper amount.

Francis J. Cleary,Attorney, Sioux City, Iowa.  

TM8-Pro with Billing Matters installed on a server running XP Pro and a laptop running Vista.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2
I forgot to mention that I am using TM8/BM8.

TM8-Pro with Billing Matters installed on a server running XP Pro and a laptop running Vista.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC
Did you try deleting the invoice?

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2
I did.  Unfortunately, I recieve the error "This invoice cannot be Deleted or Voided because other Transactions...have been applied..."  The only other transaction that I believe is the Withdraw Funds.  When I try to delete that I don't get an error message, it just doesn't delete.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS