LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

TM just shuts down

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 5
krutec Posted: Thu, Dec 3 2009 1:32 PM

TM 8.0 SR2D.  Program just shuts down at random.  We're not doing anything in particular.  It shuts down mostly while just opening or viewing a matter.  And not any particular matter.  This happens with random matters.  This has happened several times over the past couple of days and is increasing in frequency.  Have restarted the computer and run database maintenance.  I searched the forum and can't find much on this problem.   Any help would be appreciated. 

Rick Tucker Office Manager Megan E. Glor, Attorneys at Law 621 SW Morrison, Suite 900 Portland, OR 97205

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

Can you check the power management setting for your network card on the computer and the server? Make sure use power management is not checked as this can cause Time Matters disconnections.

If that doesn't help please provide some more information about your network and if it is happening on all computers.

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 5
krutec replied on Thu, Dec 3 2009 4:09 PM

The Power management settings were checked on the computer in question and on all the rest of our computers as well.  We have 6 users on our network all running XP Pro and only the one is having issues.  

I'll test it for a bit to see if the change alleviates the problem.  Thanks for your help.  I'll follow up later.

Rick Tucker Office Manager Megan E. Glor, Attorneys at Law 621 SW Morrison, Suite 900 Portland, OR 97205

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 5
krutec replied on Wed, Dec 9 2009 10:20 AM

This seems to have solved the problem.  I'll use this troubleshooting step in the future should the problems come up again.  

Thanks!  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 961
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC
WS CIC

Rick ... this is a long time problem, and the solution. The problem seems to be that I am having more clients (and me personally) experience the situation where they settings get turned back on. I'm still trying to figure out how to set them each time the machine is turned on and will pass this along if I get it. Makes a huge difference.

Thomas L. Rowe, Esq. (Tom)
CIC/Forum Administrator
For Time Matters information, Utilities and Practice Area Templates, visit us at: OTB Consulting

2009, 2010, 2012 LexisNexis Platinum Achievement Circle

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS