PCLaw 10 and Legacy Folder

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 24
.CIC
TM CIC
Kris Krol Posted: Wed, May 26 2010 10:16 AM

When I upgraded from PCLaw 9 to 10, I think I put the new database on a different server. Now, I get the following "Invalid Path" message for various tasks, including reactivating the billing link with TM 10:

"The folder W:\My Documents\Cases\ is not accessible from this station. Please select the Legacy folder setup for this set of books."

When I try to put anything into the Path field through the Browse button and click OK, it does nothing.

Thoughts?

Kristen L. Krol MI Legal Technology Solutions PO Box 617 DeWitt, MI 48820-0617 TimeMatters CIC

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 128
.CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

Kris,

One of my clients just reported the same issue when upgrading to v10.  That Document Legacy Path path is set in your PCLaw System Settings when you have turned on the Document Manager and is most likely blank now.  Tech support advised that the workstations are taking instruction for the location of that Legacy Doc Path Folder from a file in the PCLaw data structure.  In our case that file was just plain missing and the workstations can't get the path.

If you are comfortable browsing Windows Explorer, the file is called PLDocPath.ini and it should be located where ever your PCLaw data folder is located on the server and then the STATDATA subfolder.

Is yours there?

Cindy

Cindy Emmerson, Premier CIC/Moderator Affinity Consulting Group

Ph: 727-544-5400

E-mail: cemmerson@affinityconsulting.com

Web: www.affinityconsulting.com

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 24
.CIC
TM CIC

I think I've fixed this problem. Even though I don't use Document Management in PCLaw, because I use TimeMatters, I went into the System Settings and filled in a path for the Legacy Documents.

Kristen L. Krol MI Legal Technology Solutions PO Box 617 DeWitt, MI 48820-0617 TimeMatters CIC

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS