Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

How to hide rate and amount in Time sheet printing result

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 4
Faisal Posted: Sun, Jul 4 2010 11:05 PM

Dear PCLaw Forum,

We are a lawfirm that have a policy where lawyers/fee earner is prohibited to know their own rate. But there is a leakage in PCLaw (we use PClaw 8.2c) when a lawyer doing entry on timesheet window and print his timesheet entry (click Print Button) – the printing result return his rate and amount. omg!

FYI I have set his account  on menu Option -> Administrator -> Security and then choose Advance -> Time/Fees and then in Restrict Field. I set Rate and Amount hidden. But still the print result show his rate and amount.

Also the lawyers group is set  only like this

But still when lawyer input his timesheet and click Print button,  the printing result show his own rate and amount. How do I hide this rate and amount field so if a lawyer click print button on his timesheet window, the rate and amount is hidden? Where can I edit this time listing template so I can remove rate and amount field?

I amappreciated your time, and your help.

-- Faisal 

Melli Darsa & Co. -  Jakarta, Indonesia

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 32

I also have the same concern and the print button rubbishes the security settings.

I ask the forum: is there a way timekeepers can enter pertinent time entries outside of PCLaw -e.g. on Excel or other MS Office aplications that can pull up matters and task codes from PCLaw and then be able to export the data to PCLaw?

Hassan Maje Anjarwalla & Khanna PCLawPro Ver 9.10d, Accounting Method: Accruals
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 467

I'm thinking you have resolved this issue by now, but thought I would suggest something.  If you create a new report layout and do not include the rate and amount fields, then only allow the users to run THAT report, would that work?  I haven't tested myself, so probably should not be suggesting, but wanted to offer that as a possibility.

Kathy Burger PREMIER LEVEL CIC - PCLaw, Time and Billing Matters Plus Certified Kathy Burger Consulting, LLC 200 Windward Ave. Beachwood, NJ 08722 732-279-6301

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 4
Faisal replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 4:04 AM

Dear Kathy,

Untill now we have not resolved this issue yet. Yes Print Button rubbish security setting overall.

-- Faisal 

Melli Darsa & Co. -  Jakarta, Indonesia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 213

I have not been able to recreate the problem you describe in PCLaw Version 10.

If I use the same Advanced Security settings as you have, the Rate and Amount do not appear when clicking the Print button on the Time Sheet screen.

I recommend that the firm upgrade to Version 10 and the problem will be resolved.

There are many fine CICs who can assist you with the upgrade process if you so desire.

Steve Miller, JD
Certified Independent Consultant

LexisNexis: Total Practice Advantage® | PCLaw® | Time Matters Enterprise®
Philadelphia PA Metro area and SNJ
"Home of Free Online Training"

Twitter: LawBill

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS