CIC Solutions Forums
Certified Independent Consultant Solutions Forums for
LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Can I copy from one Quicktab to another?

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 7
Martina Donagher Posted: Wed, Aug 11 2010 10:08 AM

Using it possible to take a copy of a Quicktab and use it to create another Quicktab with slightly different information?  I've been asked to create ToDo Quicktabs for 4 members of staff.  Each Quicktab has to contain the exact same columns, settings and filters (other than Staff name) so I wondered if I could do one and then copy that for the rest of the staff.  I know that I can create a saved filtered list, but that doesn't help with choosing the list layout for each one. Thanks!

Martina Donagher,

Lewis C. Doyle Solicitors, Augustine Court, St. Augustine Street, Galway, Ireland Tel: +353 91 549300

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,280
Matt Stone replied on Wed, Aug 11 2010 12:56 PM

The easiest way to accomplish what you want is to add each quick tab manually. Remember that you can alter all other user's settings (if you have the security) from file - setup-general - user level and picking the user from the drop down.

There is a way to copy user settings from one user to another, but that copies ranges of settings and in some instances will overwrite the settings of the other user.

Matt Stone, LLB
Premier CIC - Forum Administrator
The 7 Second Blog

LexisNexis Platinum Achievement Circle 2009 Top Sales Producer – Time Matters

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699

If you create the quicktab as a program level quicktab, you can use a filter of {STAFF}. This will give the information for only the logged in staff member. Therefore, one quicktab will work for everyone. Of course, if you have more than 4 staff members, then everyone will have the quicktab.

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT /

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS