Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Expense Billing Code default rate not working

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 41
Jwyatt Posted: Wed, Nov 10 2010 10:04 AM

TM7enterprise BillingMatters Plus

When we hit Ctrl|Shift|B, then toggle the Time button to Expense and select a Billing Code for "Copy" the default rate of 25 cents does not populate the rate field.  I have determined that if you first remove the Staff from this form then select the Bill Code, the default does populate. When you first hit Ctrl|Shift|B the staff populates and their default rate is entered before you have done anything.

As you can probably guess, this can lead to charging $250 per copy which is a bit high even for a law firm.  Is there some setting I am missing or procedure error? 

I would like the default rate for the billing code to overwrite anything in the rate field at the moment the code is selected.

Thanks,

Jeff Wyatt
Abilene Texas

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

What version and service release of Time Matters/Billing Matters? I tested on my system running Time Matters/Billing Matters v10.0 SP3 Hotfix 1011 and it works perfectly.

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 41
Jwyatt replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 8:40 AM

TM version 7 Enterprise SR2C. Billing Matters Plus.

In your version when you hit Ctrl Shift B, does it prepopulate with a staff and rate, then when you select the bill code for copy it changes the default rate?

I saw something in the manual that indicated that under Billing preferences you had to choose Rate Source, Bill Code to make it work.  I tested a bit and couldn't find that it made any difference. We use "staff" in that selection box.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

I don't know if it was an issue with Time Matters version 7 as I don't have that version available to test. However, it appears to work fine in my version 10.

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 41
Jwyatt replied on Tue, Nov 23 2010 12:46 PM

I have isolated the occurance more.  The problem occurs when the matter has a Rate Exception for the staff (Ctrl B - rates Tab).  If there is an exception entered for the default staff, then if you do a billing item for an expense such as "copy" the default rate for "copy" will not overide the staff's rate that started in the rate field of the new billing item.

TM7e Billing Matters Plus.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS