Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Split Lawyer Charges Report

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 8
Diago Fernandes Posted: Sun, Jan 30 2011 8:24 AM

Hi,

I have several matters in PC Law wherein we have indicated the lawyer name and fee percentage allocation.

How can I get a split lawyer charges report in PC Law indicating which matters are having split lawyer charges and the fee percentage allocation done therein.

I'm using PC Law pro enterprise 10.03a

Many Thanks.

Diago Fernandes IT Administrator Bin Shabib & Associates (BSA) LLP Building# 3, Level 6, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) PO Box 262, Dubai, UAE T +9714 368 5555 (ext 239). PC Law Enterprise Pro V 10.03a

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

I don't think there's an existing template that will do this, but it is really easy to go to reports - client - client summary.Go down to layout and click on Add. When it comes up add Master Nickname, Matter Intro Lawyer and Matter Intro Lawyer Percent from the fields available. Note that adding them int eh order you want them is easier than changing the order later. Give the report a name at the top left. Then click ok.

You can now run the client summary with this layout.

Note, when it asks if you want to make this the default layout you probably want to say no.

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 128
.CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

Diago,

I like to use the List of Clients report using a different Layout.  The List of Clients report offers all fields that you would see in Matter Manager and if you get creative, you can pull some pretty useful information. 

Go to the Layout for Default Client Address and click Change so you are in the Layout Editor. I would immediately go to the name field at the top left, change it to something like Split Lawyer, and click OK at the bottom right; this is the equivalent to the Save As function.

You can highlight fields in the bottom middle column labeled Selected and remove them.  Perhaps you do not need the Introducing Lawyer or Phone number fields.  This would make room for the Fee allocation fields.  Scroll down through the left column and locate Fee Allocation - Lawyer Nickname and Fee Allocation - Percent and add them to the Selected column. 

The tricky part to modifying a Layout is making sure fields do not overlap so it will take some manipulating moving fields to the left and right or on a different row.

Hope this helps!  If you run into any issues, email me directly and I'll help you fine tune the spacing.

Regards,

Cindy Emmerson, Premier CIC/Moderator Affinity Consulting Group

Ph: 727-544-5400

E-mail: cemmerson@affinityconsulting.com

Web: www.affinityconsulting.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS