LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Copying Security Settings to another PCLaw Database

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 32
Hassan Maje Posted: Thu, May 12 2011 4:36 PM

I need to set up security in PClaw for a particular database and in this regard I would have to set up users, Groups and then assign users to Groups and subject each user to advance security restrictions.

I want to save time without re-keying in a lot of information based on the security set-up of another set of books. I understand that different sets of books would have different variables such as timekeepers, bank accounts, etc but can “Groups” and “Users” be copied from one database to another without corrupting anything? Also, if possible can “Groups” and “Users” be copied from a C-TREE database on to a SQL database (on the same PCLaw Version)?

My idea is to set up Users and Groups on a different set of books (which already has most of the users and Groups – just some few changes to do). If I am able to copy these across then the only thing remaining would be Advanced settings for each user.

I am looking at the STATDATA folder and I can see the following files which I suspect may have a role to play in what I am trying to achieve:  

• Usergrp – DAT file
  • Usergrp.idx – IDX file
  • Pcgroup – DAT file
  • Pcgroup.idx – IDX file
  • Pcuser – DAT file
  • Pcuser.idx – IDX file

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Hassan Maje Anjarwalla & Khanna PCLawPro Ver 9.10d, Accounting Method: Accruals
Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS