CIC Solutions Forums
Certified Independent Consultant Solutions Forums for
LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Anyone know how to link additional Timeslips fields to Time Matters?

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2
DemcoLaw Posted: Sat, Oct 8 2011 1:50 PM

We are new to Time Matters after converting from Abacus.  Huge difference.  I would like to link more Timeslips fields to Time Matters than seems to be allowed, specifically Balance Due and Date of Last Payment.  Anyone have any experience with this?

We are in Seattle and working with Ardavan Gurg, but he did not have an immediate solution to this question, so I thought I would throw it out there and see if someone else does.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 467

I don't have an immediate answer, but linking Timeslips to Time Matters was my very first project as a support provider. I was very nervous about it, but it turned out to be pretty easy.  The reason is that there was no data already in Time Matters.  A field matching of the fields in Timeslips to the fields in Time Matters is available on import.  And you can select which matters in Timeslips you want to import by tagging them, which was helpful for me as there were many closed matters in Timeslips that were not needed in Time Matters.  To know which fields are available for import, go through the process of importing and matching fields.  The fields in the selector box that pops up can be matched to fields in Time Matters once the matter form comes up.  My guess is, if it is not on the list, it cannot be brought over using this approach.  BUT, Ardavan is really good; he may be trying to find a creative solution for you, like exporting the information to Excel through reports and THEN importing the Excel file into Time Matters.  In that way, fields that are in tables other than the Matter table in Timeslips can be included on the report, and hence included in the import.  Do keep in mind some things are simply not possible.  And circumvention of the import process may cause a problem with the linking of matters between the two programs.   so thorough testing is in order.

Kathy Burger PREMIER LEVEL CIC - PCLaw, Time and Billing Matters Plus Certified Kathy Burger Consulting, LLC 200 Windward Ave. Beachwood, NJ 08722 732-279-6301

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699

While you could create a file to export that data from Time Matters there is no way to create an ongoing link with those fields.

If you have the Time Matters - Timeslips link setup Time Matters will show the AR balances from Timeslips, 

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT /

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS