LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Phase Codes on the billing item form?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 99
Jennifer Ahrens Posted: Wed, Jan 11 2012 2:40 PM

We have set up 5 Phase Codes so far (File --> Setup --> Codes --> Phase Codes) but we are not seeing the Phase codes on the Billing item form to select them. We see the "Phase" field on the billing form but the drop down menu is empty. We cannot select anything. What do we need to do in order to be able to select a phase code for each billing item? TimeMatters 10.0 Enterprise HotFix 1011.

J Ahrens Collen IP Ossining, NY TimeMatters/BillingMatters 9.0 Enterprise SR3A Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2 MS Office 2003 SP3
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 57
.CIC
BM CIC
HD CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC
WS CIC

Have you setup your phases in the Billing Prefrence for the matter?  Goto Billing Prefrences for the matter then Phase tab and make sure your phases are setup and listed.  After that you will be able to choose a phase when creating a billing record

Ardavan Gurg
Pars Consulting Incorporated
www.parsconsulting.com
agurg@parsconsulting.com

Ardavan Gurg
Pars Consulting Incorporated
www.parsconsulting.com
agurg@parsconsulting.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 99

Thank you for the response! We do have some Phases set up (file --> setup --> codes --> phase codes) but don't see when I look at the billing preferences for  the matter there is nothing listed - i do have the add, edit, delete and set up buttons. When I click "set up", it takes me to the same place as file --> setup --> codes --> phase codes. not sure what to click on? And, are phases matter specific? Is it possible to set up Phases so that only certain values show up based on the Matter code? For example, we have a matter coded as an Opposition and only want certain Phases to appear in the drop down menu on the billing item form. Is that possible? We have other matter classifications that we would also want to customize what values are displayed in the Phase code menu.

J Ahrens Collen IP Ossining, NY TimeMatters/BillingMatters 9.0 Enterprise SR3A Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2 MS Office 2003 SP3
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 467
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC

Jen; yes, the phases are specific to the matter.  Once they are set up, click the 'Add' to use them on billing items for your matter.  

Kathy Burger PREMIER LEVEL CIC - PCLaw, Time and Billing Matters Plus Certified Kathy Burger Consulting, LLC 200 Windward Ave. Beachwood, NJ 08722 732-279-6301 Kathy@KathyBurgerConsulting.com

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS