LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Invoicing in basic billing

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 10
Edward McGlone Posted: Wed, Apr 11 2012 11:46 AM

Can someone explain to me what goes on in the background when you generate an invoice in basic billing?  Is there a flag set in the billing table? If so what field. Are other tables updated and with what data? How does TM know which bills are on which invoice?

I am trying to setup a report in Access that pulls data from TM to meet a particular clients billing requirements and am just trying to figure out what is already in TM and what Access will have to generate.

Thanks

Ed

Edward S. McGlone | Edward McGlone Law Offices | 503-486-7048 | emcglonelaw.com | Governmentlitigaionblog.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 57
.CIC
BM CIC
HD CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC
WS CIC

Ed,

The invoice information (mostly) is located in txnhdr table and linked to the billing items by a transaction id.  However, without knowing more about your requirment it is hard to know if you need to extract information from other tables within Billing Matters.  Hope this helps.

Ardavan Gurg
Pars Consulting Incorporated
www.parsconsulting.com
agurg@parsconsulting.com

Ardavan Gurg
www.parsconsulting.com
agurg@parsconsulting.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 10

Basically I'm trying to figure out how Time Matters knows what item in the billing table goes with what invoice so when I generate the report in Access I can limit the billing information to a specific invoice.

Edward S. McGlone | Edward McGlone Law Offices | 503-486-7048 | emcglonelaw.com | Governmentlitigaionblog.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 57
.CIC
BM CIC
HD CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC
WS CIC

txn_id in the Billing table tells time matters which invoice the billing item belongs to.

Ardavan Gurg
www.parsconsulting.com
agurg@parsconsulting.com

Ardavan Gurg
www.parsconsulting.com
agurg@parsconsulting.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 10
.CIC
BM CIC
TM CIC

Ed,

Create a query using these TM tables - billing, billstg and txhdr. The billstg table is the linking table. Link billing.sysid<->billstg.memo and billstg.sysid<->txhrd.sysid. This will let see the billing items that appeared on the bill. Good Luck

John Crowe

ITA Inc

jcrowe@ita-us.com

856-429-8343

John A. Crowe ITA Inc 856-429-8343
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS