Exchange 11.1 Sync Service and RAM Usage

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 64
.CIC
TM CIC
Kent Umpenhour Posted: Thu, Apr 26 2012 3:19 PM

SQL Server 2005, Server 2003 R2 Standard, 4GB RAM.
When the service is started, the RAM use is 30MB +/-. After a few hours, 100MB, after a day 200MB+, after a week, 1.2GB and TM and the sync stop functioning until it is stopped and restarted.

Has anyone else experienced this?

KENT UMPENHOUR LEGAL COMPUTER CONSULTANTS 4171 HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD HOLLYWOOD, FL 33021 KENTU@4LCC.COM TimeMatters CIC Microsoft Certified MCSE
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,196
.CIC
BM CIC
TM CIC

Kent, I have not seen this issue and I have worked on a large number of servers running MS SQL Server 2005 and 2008. How big is your SQL database? Include the sizes of the TimeMatters11.MDF and TimeMatters11.LDF files.

Are you creating tons of transactions and not running backups that truncate the log file? How big is your SQL database? By setting the backup model to Simple and running a backup each night, you keep the log file from growing indefinitely. You may need to shrink the log file once after changing the setting in order to bring it down to a reasonable size. These are tasks to be performed by someone experienced with MS SQL Server.

You may need to have a MS SQL Server guru take a look at your server. If you don't have the name of one, let me know and I can give you a reference.

On second thought, your best bet is to get the latest release of Time Matters Exchange Synchronization, available soon from LexisNexis as a part of the release of Time Matters 11.1 Service Pack 1. That should be coming out any day now.

Wells Anderson, JD, CIC / Moderator
800.575.0007 - Edina, MN - © 2012
www.activepractice.com
Free Time Matters Webinars monthly on the second Friday

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS