Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Error on opening Time Matters 10 - "General error: invalid window handle"

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 40
Ken Brown Posted: Wed, Jun 6 2012 8:52 AM

Hello,

Every now and then when we open Time Matters 10 we get a Windows error message saying "General error: invalid window handle".  The complete text is in the image below.

We close this message and TM continues apparently normally.  I can find no information about this error, I don't know if it is of no consequence or might be an indication that something need be addressed.

Any information or pointers would be most welcome.

We have:

Windows 7 Pro 32bit
Office 2010
Time Matters 10.0 SP3 Hotfix 1011

Ken Brown Dunn and Dunn Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,196
.CIC
BM CIC
TM CIC

Ken,

This error is so general in nature that we can't troubleshoot it without connecting to your system, reproducing the error, and looking at logs or real-time monitoring. LexisNexis Technical Support excels at diagnosing this sort of issue. The fact that it is intermittent makes it more difficult to track down.

There are, of course, the brute force methods of addressing an error:  Uninstalling and reinstalling Time Matters and/or other applications. Upgrading to the latest version of Time Matters might also eliminate the issue, not because it is an issue specific to v10, but rather because that would do a new install. The issue is very likely specific to your Windows installation.

Wish I could be more helpful.

Wells Anderson, JD, CIC / Moderator
800.575.0007 - Edina, MN - © 2012
www.activepractice.com
Free Time Matters Webinars monthly on the second Friday

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS