Stay Organized with Practical Blogging Tips
Your law firm blog doesn't have to be perfect, but it does need the ability to draw readers in. Creating rich, inviting posts are the way to connect with your audience and convert them into clients. But before you can say "return on investment," how can you get into the organizational mindset to actually sit down and write?
The following are a few practical tips that will help:
- Develop your editorial calendar – Picking your topics ahead of time and creating an editorial calendar is a way to ensure that you're set with plenty of options for topics. It helps organize your thoughts and the topics you choose to blog about.
- Set a blogging "schedule" – It helps to set a specific time per day to concentrate on writing your blog. After a few days, it will be a habit that you won't want to break. Pick a quiet (or not so quiet, depending upon your preference) place and a time of day when there is little interruption. Multi-tasking is a way of modern life, but not when you need to concentrate on the task at hand.
- Research your topics – nothing is worse than displaying incorrect information on your blog and having a reader point out the discrepancy. Opinions should be based on fact and rooted in belief, so do your research upfront where it counts. Here are a few ideas on topics that draw consumers.
- Offer value – If you look at the myriad of blogs around the Web, many bloggers write about a specific topic. Focusing on one topic helps your credibility — and positions you as an expert.
- Don't overthink it – After you're done with the first draft of your post, let it sit for a few moments. Let the post breathe. Gaining distance from your work will help you approach it with a clear mind and then you'll be ready to edit.
- Keep it clean and concise – The most engaging blog posts get right to the point and don't include fillers and descriptions.
- Make it visually appealing – Incorporate photos and videos into your blog when relevant and only where appropriate. Normally, the eye is drawn to the top right-hand side of the page, so placing images throughout makes it more appealing.
Once you establish a routine, the rest will become second nature. On the other hand, if you feel this is something that you cannot fit into your schedule or something you would like help with, there are services to simplify the process and assist with your content strategy and promoting your blogs on social media channels. Get more information to find out where you stand.
Also check out these previous posts:
Leave a Comment