CounselLink: A Matter of Trust
Given the sensitive and mission-critical nature of most matters handled by corporate legal departments, you need a solution you can depend on to be reliable and secure. LexisNexis invests significant resources into CounselLink to protect your data and make certain you have 24x7 access to department information and records.
Round-the-Clock Access – CounselLink aligns itself with a host of industry standards and practices that make SaaS (software as a service) offerings reliable enough to be considered enterprise-grade.
- Application availability for the CounselLink solution is designed to meet or exceed 99.9% and is reinforced by a contractual Service Level Agreement.
- The CounselLink service is hosted from secure, collocated, geographically-disparate Tier 3 data center facilities that deliver a 99.999% availability rating
- High service availability and access are supported by: redundant infrastructure systems, alternate networking routes, and provisions covering fire, flood and natural disasters.
Secure the Data – Several factors are involved to ensure your valuable information is always protected.
- Best practice information security infrastructure: features multiple layers of protection and real time monitoring against threats … aligns with ISO 27001 best practices for information security management.
- Secure your data in transit: protected by using a 256-bit AES encryption algorithm on top of the SSL transport layer
- Daily data backups: performed with AES-128 encryption and stored in off-site facilities.
- Data center access: restricted and monitored.
- Need-to-know access to confidential information: customer control over security levels and access for law department and outside counsel users restricts the flow of sensitive information.
Validation and Verification – The controls and processes supporting solution delivery play a major role in building trust. Perhaps the best measure of establishing CounselLink as a world class solution is earning third-party validation, attestation and certifications.
- CounselLink Matter Management, Legal Spend Management / e-Billing and Legal Hold offerings have undergone Type 2 SSAE 16 audits covering their processes, controls and operational effectiveness.
- The external data center housing the CounselLink solution has also earned the same SSAE 16 certification.
- For an extra level of reassurance, the CounselLink group conducts a recurring series of validation tests and assessments – using independent third parties and internal audit teams – that address compliance issues for HIPAA / HITECH, disaster recovery plans, and the ongoing elimination of security vulnerabilities.
Collectively, these efforts are designed to build and reinforce confidence that your CounselLink solutions for Matters, Legal Spend and Legal Holds will continue to perform and deliver value, day after day.