NOTE: LexisNexis has retired the CompareRite software as of February 1, 2002.
Why has LexisNexis retired the CompareRite software?
LexisNexis is committed to continued development of legal research tools such as lexis.com®. By taking this action, we can better focus our resources on providing the highest quality research products and services at a competitive
Where can I go if I have a usability or technical question about CompareRite?
See the Self-help Options below.
Back to Top >>
There are additional ways to get assistance with the CompareRite product.
Where can I get more information about the individual settings in the option
The CompareRite Help menu gives detailed explanations of each setting within the option set as well as information about how to tailor the software to meet your specific
to Top >>
Direction for technical support
How do I install the CompareRite
To install the CompareRite 7.1 software, insert the LexisNexis Office 97 installation CD in the appropriate drive. Close any open applications. Then do the
1. Click Start and select Run on your Desktop.
2. Click Browse and select your CD-ROM drive.
3. Double click the Setup icon to display the Welcome message.
4. Click Next to display the license agreement.
5. Review the terms and click Yes to continue the installation.
6. Select Install Multiple Research Products and enter the ten-digit code found on your software package.
7. Click Next to display the Setup type dialog box.
8. Select Custom under Single User Installation to display the Choose Destination Location dialog
NOTE: Select Custom under Multiple User Installation to install the CompareRite software for multiple
9. Click Browse and select an installation drive and folder.
10. Click Next to display the Select Components dialog box.
11. Verify that the CompareRite 7.1 checkbox is selected. If it is not, click the checkbox to select it.
12. Click Next to complete the installation.
What are the Minimum Requirements to run CompareRite
- PC Type:
IBM-compatible personal computer with 486 or higher processor (33 Mhz recommended)
- RAM or
8 Megabytes (required)16 Megabytes (suggested)
- Hard Disk
Windows-supported monitor (800x600 or greater display resolution)
Windows 95, 98 or Windows NT (3.51 or 4.0)
- Microsoft Word for Windows version 6.0-97
- Corel WordPerfect 7.0, 8.0
- WordPerfect for DOS 4.5.X-6.X
- WordPerfect for Windows 5.2-6.1
- AmiPro v3.0-3.1
to Top >>