The LexisNexis® archive dates back over 35 years, with millions of new and updated documents loaded every day, directly from publishers. By focusing on authoritative sources of news and business information, users are able to avoid the “noise” and content credibility gap that can be associated with some free Web content, and instantly access relevant business information.
LexisNexis applies a proprietary, rule-based, classification system known as LexisNexis SmartIndexing Technology™ to identify themes or subjects in each document. Using LexisNexis SmartIndexing Technology, each news article in the Nexis® database is categorized against one or more of the 4,000+ subject terms. SmartIndexing is more effective than simply looking for a keyword as it applies a sophisticated weighting mechanism based on the frequency of a unique collection of words and phrases that would be relevant to a particular subject.
- 26,000+ news and social media sources, including full-text blogs from more than 4,000 premier blogs and Twitter® feeds with a three-year archive
- More than 6,500 international news sources, 6,000+ magazines and program transcripts from thousands of shows from hundreds of major global news networks
- A comprehensive collection of patent data from more than 100 patent authorities—31 in full text
- Vital regulatory and legal information, including 135 million federal and state court dockets and 8 million court documents, including 1.2 million briefs, pleadings and motions.
- 600+ company & industry sources
- 200+ executive and biographical sources
- Access to profiles on 80 million companies worldwide, 1,000 industries and 80 million executives
- LexisNexis SmartIndexing Technology™ is a powerful taxonomy system that helps your customers uncover the most relevant search results. Learn More
Categorize your data set for optimal search results with our superior taxonomy offering.
What is Taxonomy?
Taxonomy is a "knowledge organization system," a set of words that have been organized to control the use of terms used in a subject field into a vocabulary to facilitate the storing and retrieving of items from a repository.
What we offer:
LexisNexis Taxonomies provide clear definitions and a sound structure for categorizing and organizing information and news stories. With more than 10 years of experience creating and honing our taxonomies, our customers can be confident that applying these taxonomies to their content will result in a meaningful information categorization system--one that can be searched quickly to surface articles of interest.
There are six main areas of coverage in the LexisNexis taxonomy offering
- Subject: with 3,200 terms
- Industry: with 2,800 terms
- Geography: with 900 terms
- People: with 3,600 terms
- Organization: with 11,000 terms
- Company: with 330,000 terms
Taxonomies are available for purchase for a one-time license fee. Clients also may opt to purchase the accompanying indexing rules or monthly updates for each taxonomy.
Contact us today