LexisNexis Announces Launch of Lexis® Advance for Solos – The First Release on the New Lexis® 1.0 Platform
Innovative New Online Research Tool Built with and for Solo Practice Lawyers and the First in a Series of Lexis Advance Releases for Specific Segments of the Legal Industry
October 5, 2010 — NEW YORK - LexisNexis, a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions, today announced the launch of Lexis® Advance for Solos – the first in a series of releases of new Lexis Advance online legal research tools. Created through close collaboration with solo practice lawyers to meet their unique requirements, Lexis Advance for Solos is the first online legal research solution built specifically for solo attorneys, transforming how users access and manage trusted information and services from LexisNexis® to generate better outcomes for their practice and for their clients.
The launch is one of a series of Lexis Advance features and content releases that will be tailored to meet the specific needs of different segments of the legal industry.
“Lexis Advance for Solos and the New Lexis platform have been developed through more than 30,000 interactions with legal professionals from all markets, many of them solo practice lawyers, in 1,500 one-on-one and small group design forums, in advisory meetings, labs, ethnography sessions and focus groups,” said Michael Walsh, CEO of LexisNexis U.S. Legal Markets. “As we have taken forward our journey to help legal professionals become more productive and achieve better outcomes, 2010 has been a year of increased collaboration and innovation with the launch of new solutions such as Lexis® for Microsoft Office and LexisNexis® Verdict & Settlement Analyzer, and now we’re excited to continue this journey with Lexis Advance for Solos.”
Lexis Advance for Solos
LexisNexis research revealed that solo practitioners have been looking for a research solution that is extremely easy and efficient to use, that provides a premium package of trusted content they most frequently use, and that is priced in a predictable way – without the risk of incurring additional charges. Lexis Advance for Solos is the first tool that specifically addresses these needs.
New features and innovations make Lexis Advance for Solos extremely easy and efficient:
- Easy search: An intuitive single search interface that eliminates the need to select sources before searching, cutting out multiple steps in the search process. This simple feature enables a full search across all included content to ensure complete results.
- Integrated results from the open web: Allows users to search the open Internet via Lexis® Web along with premium LexisNexis content simultaneously in a single step, efficiently delivering results organized by content type.
- Pre and Post search filters: Gives users the control to get relevant search results faster and with more confidence that they will not miss critical information. By selecting pre and post filter criteria users are able to control and refine their comprehensive searches for additional precision.
- New Innovations: My Workspace Carousel and Legal Issue Trail deliver entirely new and more efficient ways for users to access, organize and verify legal research.
The Lexis Advance for Solos content package provides a rich collection of trusted premium materials most frequently used by solo practitioners. However, the collection is also larger than most solo practitioners subscribe to when subscribing to lexis.com® today. For example, Lexis Advance for Solos includes:
- Comprehensive and fully enhanced primary law from all states: All available LexisNexis case law (Federal and State), including all LexisNexis headnotes and case summaries. All available statutes and constitutions (Federal and State) from all 50 states and US territories.
- Shepard’s® Citations Service: The LexisNexis exclusive citator allows solo practitioners to quickly check if a case is good law.
- The industry-leading collection of LexisNexis jury verdicts, briefs, pleadings and motions: Includes premium materials from IDEX®.
- LexisNexis® CourtLink® content: Includes the full collection of dockets.
- Expert witness transcripts, depositions, and curricula vitae.
Additional content will become available in future Lexis Advance releases: news, public records, legislative and additional secondary materials, and other content will be available in subse