Cases, Statutes & Administrative Materials
- Federal case law, including U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, as well as the U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Courts for the State of California.
- State case law, including the Supreme Court of California, the California Court of Criminal Appeals and the California Court of Appeals. LexisNexis performs editorial enhancements on case law ranging from the addition of parallel citations and pagination to writing LexisNexis® headnotes in the precise language of the court.
- Deering’s California Codes Annotated, plus California constitution, California court rules and advance legislative service.
- Barclays Official California Code of Regulations.
- California Attorney General Opinions plus state agency coverage that includes California Franchise Tax Board and Board of Equalization.
- Pending California legislation and full-text bills.
Analytical Materials & Secondary Sources
- California Forms of Pleading & Practice—the leading source for guidance on civil actions from pleadings to appeal. Updated five times each year, this encyclopedic resource provides detailed analysis of the law and all aspects of procedure in civil actions, along with timesaving forms, checklists and research guides.
- Matthew Bender Practice Guides provide thorough analysis and practical aids such as checklists and practice tips written by leading California litigators and judges. Topics include California Pretrial Civil Procedure, California Civil Discovery, Federal Pretrial Civil Procedure in California and California E-Discovery and Evidence.
- Matthew Bender California Treatises, such as California Forms of Pleading & Practice, California Legal Forms and California Points & Authorities. Plus find California-specific treatises for 20 practice areas.
- California Law Reviews such as California Law Review, Hastings Business Law Journal, Pepperdine Dispute Resolution Law Journal and Stanford Journal of Law, Business and Finance.
Court Records/Filings/Verdicts and More
- Docket records from California U.S. District civil and criminal courts.
- Judicial Council of California Criminal Jury Instructions (CALCRIM) covering topics such as pre- and post-trial procedure, evidence, assault & battery, arson, robbery and other crimes. LexisNexis is the official publisher.
- California Forms of Jury Instruction, available only on the LexisNexis® services, includes the Judicial Council of California Civil and Criminal Jury Instructions.
- Selected briefs, motions and pleadings from California state courts.
- Mealey’s™ Litigation Reports that hone in specifically on California litigation news, including verdict and settlements.
- Lawyers Weekly current verdict and settlement news.
- Bankruptcy filings, federal and California tax liens, UCC lien filings and other California judgment & lien filings.
- California county tax-assessor property records, deed transfer records and mortgage records.
- California Find a Person information (and death records).
- A wide range of records to locate active and inactive corporations, limited partnerships and other California businesses, including fictitious business names.
- State professional licenses.
News & Business Sources
- California-specific news sources including the Los Angeles Times®, The San Francisco Chronicle, Sacramento Bee, and many more.
- Detailed information on California public and private companies and their executives from pre-eminent resources such as Dun & Bradstreet®, Hoover’s®, Standard & Poor’s®; and others.
- Exclusive online third-party provider of The Recorder, the Bay Area's daily legal news resource, and the only provider of the publication's news archives (more than six months old).
- Mealey’s™ California Section 17200 Report which monitors and reports major news involving California’s Unfair Competition Law.
- A rich variety of different California-specific titles in epub and mobi eBook formats, including CACI, CALCRIM and court-cited Matthew Bender® Practice Guides.
LexisNexis helps you find what you need through user-friendly tools combined with the most comprehensive and trusted collection of legal, public records, and news and business content.
- Achieve better outcomes for you and your clients
- Access critical, exclusive content you can’t get anywhere else
- Efficiently conduct research through intuitive, user-friendly tools designed to work for you
- Increase productivity and proactively address client issues
- Manage your business more efficiently and cost-effectively
- Stay well-informed of emerging issues to help identify risks early
- Uncover answers and analyze opportunities through trusted networks and comprehensive solutions
In addition, LexisNexis provides 24/7 Research and User Assistance, and Training, including:
- A wide variety of research assistance support options, from detailed self-help materials to personal 24/7 customer support.
- Training to help you become a better online researcher—no matter what your level of experience. We offer different personalized training options so it’s easy to match your needs and schedule.