Make your case with the largest collection of court dockets and documents
CourtLink® Product Overview
Know First and Act First.
- Receive timely alerts of new and ongoing case filings.
- Deliver superior client service, win new business and monitor litigation impacting your organization.
Increase Your Efficiency and Speed
- Search across the full text of more than 168 million federal and state court dockets and documents in a single click.
- Eliminate hours of tedious work digging and cross-referencing court-filed information.
Find Relevant Dockets and Documents.
- Tap into the largest collection of full-text dockets to find relevant insight.
- Access relevant briefs, pleadings and motions for research and to serve as drafting templates.
Obtain Litigation Profiles
- Analyze litigation history of Judges, Experts, Litigants and Opposing Counsel to inform your case strategy or vet a new hire.
- Single Search
Only CourtLink® lets you conduct a single search across the full text of more than 168 million federal and state court dockets and documents in a single click. Then easily filter the results by date, litigation area, geography, court, and more to pinpoint the information you need.
- Strategic Profiles of Judge, Opposing Counsel and Expert Witness
Gain insight about prior litigation activity and outcomes of opposing counsel, law firm, judge or expert witness. Search previous rulings, background records, nature of suit and more to inform your strategy.
- CourtLink Alerts
Receive notification of new cases, as often as hourly, so you can be the first to contact your client or potential client when a case has been filed against that party—and increase your chances of securing new business.
- CourtLink New Event Alerts
Receive notifications of proceedings or documents being filed in cases of interest—including Daubert motions, motions for summary judgment, appeals involving a prospective client or specific nature of suit and more. All without having to track a large number of dockets.
- CourtLink Defense Counsel Alerts
Find out when attorneys or firms appear as defense counsel.
- CourtLink Tracks
Monitor activity in existing cases, as well as the opposing counsel, judge or expert involved in similar cases—there’s no need to rely on the court clerk or opposing counsel to provide updates. Use this insight to develop sound strategy and provide exceptional client service.
- Document Retrieval
Easily order federal and state court documents and they will be delivered to your office by our highly skilled team.
- CourtLink Mobile app
Receive Alert and Track notifications on the go with the CourtLink mobile app available for iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ devices
- Don't miss the wealth of case-related information not found in case-law research
With CourtLink you accesses 100% of documents filed in court regardless of whether they get published, so you don't overlook key details that can make your case.
- Spend less time crafting the perfect docket or document search
Use CourtLink Single Search to conduct a broad, full-text search across an unmatched collection of over 168 million federal & state court dockets and documents. Then use dynamic post-search filters to easily pinpoint the intended information.
- Search across multiple jurisdictions in one click
Using Single Search you can quickly search across multiple jurisdictions where a party has been sued.
- Streamline updates impacting your current cases
CourtLink Tracks deliver timely, automatic updates on new filings specific to an existing litigation so that you are always aware of developments.
- Receive timely intelligence
Receive alerts of new cases that involve your industry, competitors, a particular nature of a suit, judge or attorney.
- Asses a Judge’s, Attorney’s or Expert Witness’s litigation history or specific experience
CourtLink Strategic Profiles provide valuable insight into experience with specific natures of suit, disposition of similar cases, strategies employed, rulings in similar cases and more.
- Find successful and unsuccessful arguments and strategies in cases similar to yours.
CourtLink Tracks and Strategic Profiles uncover tendencies, strategies, and rulings on similar matters to facilitate better outcomes in your case.
- View new filings or updates in your active litigations anytime and anyplace
The CourtLink mobile app facilitates receipt of critical updates and notifications whether in or out of the office.
- Thoroughly vet a potential new hire.
Using CourtLink Strategic Profiles find out if the counsel accurately represented his past experience and client representation.
- Collaborate with your team
Easily share new case information and changes to current cases with anyone on your team. CourtLink enables you to share individual results with customizable subject lines.
- Monitor the competition
CourtLink Defense Counsel Alerts notify you when competing firms are winning defense work in your jurisdiction.
- Never misplace important dockets
The CourtLink My Briefcase feature saves important dockets in one convenient location.
- Improve your chances of securing new business
CourtLink Alerts provide up to hourly notifications of new case filings impacting your organization, your clients or prospective clients. Improve your chances of winning the business.
CourtLink: Single Search video
Docket Diving: Strategic Uses of Dockets in Today’s Investigative Research
- Because many courts today provide online access to dockets, a wealth of knowledge is readily available. How can you efficiently use docket information to gain strategic insight? Learn about these topics and more during an informative, complimentary Webinar.
The LexisNexis® CourtLink® service comes with comprehensive customer support—24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our team of professionals is standing by to provide access and serve support, assistance with printing, downloading, ID and technical issues.
Customer Support Contact Information:
- Telephonic Customer Support: (888) 311-1966
- Telephonic Training: (800) 227-9597 ext. 52111