Lexis Advance® transforms the way you conduct your legal research with a more efficient and intuitive way to get comprehensive and relevant results that can be managed, stored and accessed on demand.
To learn more about the features of Lexis Advance, simply expand the titles below
- Stay up to date with the latest breaking news and analysis from authoritative brands such as Matthew Bender®, Michie’s™, Law360®, The New York Times® and The Wall Street Journal®.
- Stay informed with more than 15 million special-topic documents, along with editorially selected briefs, pleadings and motions, all from the industry’s leading collection of dockets and documents, LexisNexis® CourtLink®.
- Keep track of the changing legal landscape with editorially enhanced state surveys and legislative content that includes Model Acts, Uniform Laws and United States Statutes at Large, as well as archived congressional records.
Have complete confidence in your case with single-search access to more than 20 billion documents and more than 40,000 sources.
WORK SMARTER, FASTER
- Search with enhanced, optimized search queries that give you the flexibility to search by segment and source, and run Boolean or natural language searches depending on your terms and connectors.
- Alerts—Share your alerts with others inside and outside your organization, and track specific events that will impact your case with a range of alert types.
- Work Folders—Keep all your legal research results in one place; store documents and notes in a folder so you can get to them quickly and deliver documents faster.
- Choose style manual formats when copying citations—standard citation format or California Style Manual, with more to come.
- Pinpoint page—Select a pinpoint cite reference—and move directly to the pinpoint page.
- Recent and favorite filters—make selections from the content, jurisdiction or practice area and topics pull-down lists and have them automatically added, then mark them as favorites.
- Research Map—Step-by-step graphical depiction of your prior research history so you can quickly pick up where you left off, uncover new results by identifying explored and unexplored paths, and link to relevant documents.
- Lexis® Search Advantage—a seamless enterprise search enhancement solution that combines your firm’s internal document collections with our industry-leading content and allows you to find exactly what you’re looking for in one simple search.
- Mobility—Access your legal research on and offline anywhere, anytime from your mobile device. The award-winning Lexis Advance HD iPad® app, iPhone® app and mobile website feature custom interfaces, table of contents access points and much more.
Work more efficiently with tools and features that reduce steps in your workflow and streamline your process so you can spend more time building your case.
EFFICENT SEARCHES, RELEVANT RESULTS
- The Shepard's® assurance—our experienced attorneys have read and assessed every case in Lexis Advance—you can be more confident in your results.
- Shepard's® Graphical—See the history of citing decisions in an easy visual grid or map format.
- Natural language—Reduce overall answer sets and surface the top results with enhanced and optimized natural language search queries.
- Highlighted search terms—Zero in on documents to review faster. Results now display highlighted search terms with more context.
- Filters—Refine your searches with powerful filters that allow you to easily customize your searches so that you get relevant results fast.
- Segment searching—do less research to find the answers you're looking for by restricting your search to a specific part or segment of a document.
Get to the most relevant results—and get there faster—with the most flexible, powerful and efficient search technology.
- Get through your work as efficiently as possible with Lexis® for Microsoft® Office, the comprehensive research and drafting tool that’s right within the programs you use every day.
- Handle transactional matters as efficiently as possible with Lexis Practice Advisor®, the solution built specifically to provide guidance and information on the topics, transactions and perspectives that matter most.
- Efficiently analyze how an issue has evolved over time by quickly finding all the connections between other cases and yours with Legal Issue Trail™.
- Uncover the facts, views and behaviors about the key players who will impact your case with LexisNexis® Litigation Profile Suite, the easy-to-use analytical tool that helps you get to the right decisions sooner.
- Better understand medical issues, analyze standard of care and assess case value with LexisNexis® MedMal Navigator®, the all-in-one interactive tool that combines your case facts with medical and legal research.
- Find everything you need and then some with LexisNexis® Public Records, the essential tool for uncovering powerful—and often hidden—connections between entities.
- Make your case with LexisNexis® Verdict & Settlement Analyzer, the powerful litigation tool for reviewing past cases to assess opportunity and risk for your current case—featuring more analysis of more jury verdicts and settlements than anyone else.
Harness the full power of Lexis Advance with full integration of cutting-edge LexisNexis® solutions that give you an even greater control over your case.
Lexis Advance continues to get better….Here’s why:
Because it matters to you—every valuable minute you can save, every click you can bypass, every fact you can uncover or substantiate better than before. Lexis Advance® continues to provide more authoritative content, reduce steps and introduce more flexible options so you can research your way. Lexis Advance will continue to evolve to give you what matters most.
Here are the Top 10 new Lexis Advance enhancements – but there are even more, so read on…
- Consult 100+ top compliance titles from LexisNexis® Sheshunoff™ & LexisNexis® A.S. Pratt™ .
- Get state code archives—all 50 states Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
- Search the Congressional Record back through 2005.
- Review legislative history reports for bills – all 50 states and D.C. Legislative History.
- Click live links in downloaded or emailed docs and move directly to the full-text doc.
- Use new “justified” formatting, i.e., no auto-generated hyphens, for case law.
- Save your TOC source as a favorite on your Recent & Favorites list from the TOC view.
- Choose from more style manuals when copying citations into your work.
- Get to target docs quickly based with recognition of common terms or alias.
- Experience source enhancements including retrieval of all available docs and more source info.
Get a comprehensive view of all the Lexis Advance enhancements. Simply expand the titles below.
WORK SMARTER, FASTER
EFFICIENT SEARCHES, RELEVANT RESULTS
Watch these short demo videos to see key Lexis Advance enhancements in action. To access additional show me how videos, click here.
Why Lexis Advance®
Legal professionals are making the switch and choosing Lexis Advance® over other solutions for their legal research needs. Lexis Advance makes legal research made faster and easier. Easily get more relevant results from leading legal industry sources delivered efficiently through cutting-edge online technology.
See what Corporate Counsel are saying about Lexis Advance
Corporate Counsel save costs by retaining work in-house with Lexis Advance®. Read more quotes by other corporate legal professionals who have chosen Lexis Advance for their legal research needs.
Eighty percent of Corporate Counsel users consider Lexis Advance® critical to their organization. To view more TechFacts about how Lexis Advance supports efficient and effective legal research click here.
Lexis Advance® Case Study: Membership Organization. For more case studies from corporations who have realized the benefit of Lexis Advance for their legal research click here.
Corporate Counsel choose Lexis Advance® over other solutions for their legal research needs. To view more click here.
See what government legal professionals are saying about Lexis
Lexis Advance® provides relevant cases wherever you are, whenever you need them. Read more quotes by other government legal professionals who have chosen Lexis Advance for their legal research needs.
Eighty-five percent of government users consider Lexis Advance® critical to their organization. To view more TechFacts about how Lexis Advance supports efficient and effective legal research for government legal professionals click here.
See what law firm users are saying about Lexis Advance
Control your search with Lexis Advance®. Read more quotes by other law firm legal professionals who have chosen Lexis Advance for their legal research needs.
Seventy-eight percent of law firm users have increased their productivity with Lexis Advance®. To view more TechFacts about how Lexis Advance supports efficient and effective legal research click here.
Lexis Advance® Case Study: Large Law Firm. For more case studies from law firms who have realized the benefit of Lexis Advance for their legal research click here.
Law firms choose Lexis Advance® over other solutions for their legal research needs. To view more click here.
FreePint Independent Product Review
John DiGilio reviews Lexis Advance®, the newest and most innovative version of the LexisNexis legal research platform. From its interface to its functionality and pricing, it is casting the company and the way legal researchers work in a new light. Single search capabilities, powerful filtering, and a pay-for-what-you-use approach are the hallmarks of LexisNexis latest offering.
Read the article.
Watch videos including demonstrations and quick tips on how Lexis Advance®, the award-winning online legal research solution can help make your legal research faster and easier.
“What’s New on Lexis Advance®” Webinar for Librarians- Register Now
- Wednesday, April 16, 1:30 P.M. ET
As part of the Lexis Advance® Webinars for Librarians series, please join LexisNexis® Librarian Relations Consultant Mary Reusch for a review of recent enhancements focusing on ease-of-use, including:
- Get & Print now available via the experience bar
- Table of Contents search enhancements
- Coverage dates added to source descriptions
- Get all documents from an individual source
- More options in court filters
- Embedded links within downloaded and emailed documents
- Copy with Cite—additional style manuals supported
Mary will also highlight Lexis Advance® content additions.
- As part of the Lexis Advance® Webinars for Librarians series, please join LexisNexis® Librarian Relations Consultant Gayle Lynn-Nelson for an in-depth review of news searching on Lexis Advance, including:
- Source selection and combining sources
- Use of segments and commands for precision searching
- Search logic refinements implemented to reduce the overall answer-set size while surfacing top results
- Using Filters to refine search results
- How to enhance news research with Lexis® Web
Gayle will also highlight content advantages with Legal News and News.
Lexis Advance®—“New Search Enhancements” Webinar for Librarians - Access the On-Demand Recording
- As part of the new Lexis Advance® Webinars for Librarians series, please join LexisNexis® Librarian Relations Consultant Gayle Lynn-Nelson for a high-level review of the recent Lexis Advance® enhancements, including:
- Search logic refinements implemented to reduce the overall answer set size, while surfacing top results
- Boolean and Natural Language changes creating greater search consistency
- Setting filter preferences
- More Lexis Advance options for improving document delivery, Alerts and mobile access
Gayle will also highlight Lexis Advance® content—new sources, deeper coverage and easier access.
Lexis Advance® is the award-winning online legal research solution that makes legal research made faster and easier.
Using Lexis Advance® is simple but, like anything that's new, we want to make sure you've got everything you need to get off to a flying start with your subscription.
Here at LexisNexis® we support you every step of the way. We know that people have different learning styles so we have developed a comprehensive support program to help you maximize your legal research outcomes and minimize the time it takes to achieve them:
- PREFER TO TALK TO A REAL, LIVE HUMAN?! We never sleep! We are always here to help so don't be shy – call one of our experts 24/7 on 800-543-6862.
- PREFER TO WATCH? We have regular live webinars run by our Product Trainers that you can sign up to here.
- BIT OF EVERYTHING? We've created a dedicated Support Center where you can access all manner of useful resources: www.lexisnexis.com/advancesupport
- Learn more about the site here
Don't forget! There are also many helpful materials within Lexis Advance® – all you need to do is click on the "Help" icon at the top of your screen.
We know you're busy so here are the Top 3 resources to get you started today:
- Lexis Advance® Demo (12 mins)
- Quick Reference Guide
- Quick Tips