LexisNexis® Academic helps students and faculty members at colleges and universities save valuable research time by offering them quick, easy access to more than 15,000 of the most credible business, legal, and news sources available in a single location.
LexisNexis Academic provides access to: Superior legal-research sources:
- Full text of articles from law reviews and journals—more than 800 publications
- Federal and state cases and statutes, including U.S. Supreme Court Decisions since 1790
- Federal regulations, including The Federal Register, Code of Federal Regulations, and Federal Acquisition Regulations and Supplements
- Shepard’s® Citations Service—the leading citator for more than 135 years
- More than 1,500 legal newspapers, magazines, and newsletters
- Tax materials, including IRS Bulletin, IRS regulations, The Tax Lawyer (ABA), The Tax Adviser (AICPA®), and more
- Patents from 1790 forward
- European Union law from the LEX EU law database and international case law from a number of other countries
- Law school directories, including Martindale Hubbell® Law Directory and NALP Directory of Law Schools
Unmatched business content:
- LexisNexis® Company Dossier for detailed financials, competitive information and SWOT analysis of more than 80 million public, private, and international companies
- LexisNexis® Company Profiles that provide business intelligence on public and private companies
- LexisNexis® Executive Dossier offers an in-depth understanding of key decision makers, with information on more than 58 million executives
- LexisNexis® Industry Dossier delivers specialized, in-depth reports that help you investigate various industry dynamics, financial metrics, and macroeconomics, all provided in an easy-to-use format
- Securities Exchange Commission filings and reports, including SEC 10-Q Reports, SEC 10-K Reports, SEC 8-K Reports, SEC 20-F Reports, SEC Annual Reports to Shareholders, Proxy Statements, Prospectuses, Registration, and Williams Act Filings
Extensive news coverage:
- Full text of articles from more than 2,500 newspapers, including top-tier news publications such as The New York Times® and The Washington Post® and local, national, and international sources
- News from more than 300 local and regional newspapers, blogs and other web sources via WebNews. WebNews aggregates relevant information from the websites of newspapers that are not formally included in LexisNexis Academic subscription such as The Times-Picayune, the Seattle Times, The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette and the Orlando Sentinel.
- Full text of articles from more than 1,000 magazines and journals and more than 1,000 newsletters, such as American Journalism Review, Business and Finance Week, Newsweek®, Library Journal®, New Republic, and Variety
- Wire services, updated several times per day, including Associated Press, Business Wire, and PR Newswire™
- Hard-to-find transcripts from major television and radio networks such as ABC News®, CBS News®, CNN®, FOX News®, NBC®, MSNBC®, and NPR®, as well as political transcripts covering congressional committee hearings, press briefings from the state, justice and defense departments, and presidential news conferences
- Premium blogs, video blogs and Twitter® feeds approved by the LexisNexis Academic content team
More efficient research—with so many valuable sources in a single location, students, faculty, and librarians can spend less time looking for the information they need and more time using it.
Fast, easy access for all users—campus-wide access using IP authentication, support for secure remote and mobile access methods, and unlimited users.
Getting to relevant results quickly—Easy Search™ forms lead researchers directly to the research solution they need; advanced tools for source selection, query formulation, navigating results, and exporting citations streamline the entire research process; and customized search forms help them zero in on the most relevant information.
Training and support for librarians, Wiki Sites to Knowledge Center—professional training from our academic training team, both on-site and online; toll-free telephonic customer support 24/7/365; LexisNexis® Academic Product Wiki Sites; LexisNexis® Academic ListServ; LexisNexis® Academic YouTube™ training videos; LexisNexis® Academic & Library Solutions page on Facebook®; iTunes® LexisNexis® Academic podcasts on iTunes®; and Twitter® @LNAcademic.
A powerful, customized interface
helps deliver relevant results quickly and a mobile interface can deliver those results to smartphones and mobile computing devices.
More than 17,000 sources of business, legal, and news information in a single location make this one of the most robust offerings in your library.
Campus-wide, remote, and mobile access methods—and unlimited simultaneous users—remove barriers for your users.
Content review by our advisory committee, made up of librarians from diverse academic institutions, helps us pursue appropriate new content aggressively.
The Easy Search™ form facilitates comprehensive research.
Powerful source selection capabilities help your researchers choose a source by name or identify sources by type, language, topic, geography, or other criteria.
LexisNexis SmartIndexing Technology™, which applies controlled vocabulary terms to all LexisNexis® news and business content, helps guide searches to ensure more relevant results.
Results clustering provides an instant, multi-faceted analysis of the distribution of the documents in your results set and lets you filter your results.
Permalinking Capability helps your researchers capture and share links to documents so they can bookmark documents in a Web browser for easy access at a later time, add document-level permanent links to user guides or course syllabi, share links with others on social media sites, or email links instead of full documents.
Bibliographic Export gives researchers the ability to download bibliographic information in .RIS format, which they can import into any other citation service, such as Zotero®, EndNote®, etc. In addition, citations can be displayed in MLA, APA, and Chicago formats right on screen and then copied and pasted from LexisNexis Academic directly to bibliographic pages.
Interoperability means that LexisNexis Academic works with your existing systems to manage your electronic holdings and put the right content in front of your patrons.
Customer Service/Technical/Research Assistance
Support for librarians, faculty, and technical staff members only. Students should contact their school’s librarian for assistance.
How to Subscribe or Request a Trial
LexisNexis is THE "go-to" resource for students and instructors alike.
—Oakton Community College Professor
LexisNexis is an irreplaceable tool for research that requires combing of journalistic publications. I use it frequently in my research and teaching, and encourage students to use it in their own research.
—University of Virgina Professor of Economics
“LexisNexis Academic allows me to research an extraordinary range of content related to state and local law and policy with great efficiency. This stellar research database provides access to inter-jurisdictional materials and helps me conduct comparative analysis with far greater ease and accuracy than anything else I’ve used.”
—Professor of Political Science at SUNY at New Paltz
“When students can’t find information, I always send them to LexisNexis and they are thrilled when they find all the information they are looking for—and then some—for their papers. Our faculty often use LexisNexis for their assignments.”
—Colorado State University Librarian
“LexisNexis Academic is my go-to source for education law. After a bit of instruction, students usually find what they need. If is our primary source for news articles and is our only source for current articles from The New York Times. Many students and faculty also use if for book and film reviews. I find it useful for company information, including financials. Overall, it is a multifaceted product that we would find difficult to replace.”
—St. Louis University Electronic Resources Librarian
“It is an extremely well-designed and helpful facility for us teachers and academics.”
—Hunter College Professor
“I teach a course on the European Union, and students find the LexisNexis news search, which includes many European sources in English, to be absolutely invaluable in researching their papers.”
—Temple University Professor
“… a marvelous selection of full-text publications. No other comparable system offers the breadth and depth of business, news and legal information. Users will love the seven-day/24-hour remote access. Recommended for all academic libraries.”
—Library Journal 124/3
“LexisNexis is an accessible and comprehensive research engine that meets a researcher’s most demanding needs for timely information.”
—University of California-Riverside, Professor of Sociology, Chair
“Access to academic journals, newspapers, government publications on LexisNexis Academic is beyond what other research engines offer.”
—Professor of Sociology, Chair at University of California-Riverside