Powerful research capabilities with an easy-to-use interface. Download overview literature
Enter your search words and go. No source selection or special commands required, though advanced tools are available. Easy-to-use filters let users narrow their results sets to relevant documents quickly. Plus LexisNexis Academic comes with the following timesaving tools:
- Hot Topics Links provides users with quick, one-click searching capability for the top-trending news directly from the Academic homepage
- Document Delivery to Cloud Storage: Allows users to download up to 500 documents at a time.
- Web News: Allows users to pull results from over 300 LexisNexis® vetted news websites as well as news sources not otherwise available in LexisNexis Academic.
- Portable search “widgets” allow you to put a live LexisNexis Academic search box directly on your library’s website.
- Bibliographic Export tool will easily extract the metadata you need for citations from a single document or list of search results in the format you need: export to RefWorks, .RIS format for import into other citation services, or displayed in a new window using MLA, APA and Chicago formats.
- Permalinking tool provides permanent document-level links so that researchers can easily return to documents at a later time.
- Find and search specific sources quickly—by topic, language, geography and more. Also get ready access to coverage, update schedule and other source details.
- Use indexing terms: LexisNexis SmartIndexing Technology™ terms—people, subject, company and more—are added to all news content.
Unmatched, authoritative content Download overview literature.
With more than 15,000 business, legal and news sources, LexisNexis Academic offers one of the most robust and thorough research tools available to college faculty and students. Get access to:
- News research sources—current and deep archives
- More than 3,000 newspapers from around the globe
- 2,000+ magazines, journals and newsletters, such as Newsweek®, Variety®, Library Journal® and more
- Hard-to-find broadcast transcripts from ABC News®, CBS News®, NBC® News, CNN®, Fox News®, MSNBC® and more
- Wires services updated throughout the day, including The Associated Press®, Business Wire® and PR Newswire;
- Blogs and video blogs from The New York Times®, Medline® and more
- Legal research sources—primary and secondary
- Federal court decisions, including U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Appellate Courts and U.S. District Courts from their inception plus specialty courts such as U.S. Bankruptcy and U.S. Tax Courts
- Federal laws from 1988
- Federal regulations, including Federal Register, Code of Federal Regulations, U.S. Attorneys General opinions and federal acquisition regulations and supplements
- State court decisions for all 50 states and territories
- State codes for all 50 states and territories, plus constitutions, court rules and attorneys general opinions
- Verify authority with Shepard’s® Citations Service
- Business research sources—top credible sources
- Business news sources such as Accountancy Age, Advertising Age® and more
- Financial authorities such as Standard & Poor’s® Corporate Descriptions, Hoover’s® Company Reports, plus international company and stock reports, etc.
- SEC filings, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, 20-Fs and more
Training and on-demand support for librarians Download overview literature 24/7/365 toll-free telephonic support is available to librarians at subscribing institutions. Plus the Academic training teams conducts onsite and Web-based training.
Simply better research
—Experience faster, easier searching than ever before. With so many valuable sources available through a single-search box and easy-to-refine results, students faculty, and librarians can spend less time looking for information and more time using it.
Find authoritative research that stands up to academic scrutiny.
From the U.S. Supreme Court to the most reputable news sources and vetted Web sources, your users can cite sources with confidence.
Get deep, permanent archives. LexisNexis maintains archives for all of its sources. Time-sensitive content, such as wire services, is updated throughout the day. You can check each source for updating schedule.
Streamline your research process—LexisNexis Academic is built just for university researchers. Choose from the flexible range of tools, including advance tools for searching, source selection and results navigation; exporting citations and building links for coursework.
Fast, easy access for all users—campus-wide access using IP authentication, support for secure remote and mobile access methods, and unlimited users.
Training and support for librarians, plus multiple reference media—professional training from our academic training team, both on-site and online; toll-free telephonic customer support 24/7/365; LexisNexis® Academic Knowledge Center; LexisNexis® Academic ListServ; and LexisNexis® Academic YouTube™ training videos.
LexisNexis is THE "go-to" resource for students and instructors alike.
—Oakton Community College Professor
LexisNexis is an irreplaceable tool for research that requires combing of journalistic publications. I use it frequently in my research and teaching, and encourage students to use it in their own research.
—University of Virgina Professor of Economics
“LexisNexis Academic allows me to research an extraordinary range of content related to state and local law and policy with great efficiency. This stellar research database provides access to inter-jurisdictional materials and helps me conduct comparative analysis with far greater ease and accuracy than anything else I’ve used.”
—Professor of Political Science at SUNY at New Paltz
“When students can’t find information, I always send them to LexisNexis and they are thrilled when they find all the information they are looking for—and then some—for their papers. Our faculty often use LexisNexis for their assignments.”
—Colorado State University Librarian
“LexisNexis Academic is my go-to source for education law. After a bit of instruction, students usually find what they need. If is our primary source for news articles and is our only source for current articles from The New York Times. Many students and faculty also use it for book and film reviews. I find it useful for company information, including financials. Overall, it is a multifaceted product that we would find difficult to replace.”
—St. Louis University Electronic Resources Librarian
“It is an extremely well-designed and helpful facility for us teachers and academics.”
—Hunter College Professor
“I teach a course on the European Union, and students find the LexisNexis news search, which includes many European sources in English, to be absolutely invaluable in researching their papers.”
—Temple University Professor
“… a marvelous selection of full-text publications. No other comparable system offers the breadth and depth of business, news and legal information. Users will love the seven-day/24-hour remote access. Recommended for all academic libraries.”
—Library Journal 124/3
“LexisNexis is an accessible and comprehensive research engine that meets a researcher’s most demanding needs for timely information.”
—University of California-Riverside, Professor of Sociology, Chair
“Access to academic journals, newspapers, government publications on LexisNexis Academic is beyond what other research engines offer.”
—University of California-Riverside, Professor of Sociology, Chair