Cases, Statutes & Administrative Materials
- Federal case law, including the U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, as well as the U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Courts for the District of Massachusetts.
- State case law, including the Supreme Judicial Court, Appeals Court, Superior Court, and the appellate divisions of the District Courts and Boston Municipal Court. LexisNexis® performs editorial enhancements on case law ranging from the addition of parallel citations and pagination to writing LexisNexis® Headnotes in the precise language of the court.
- Statutory Law, including Massachusetts General Laws, Selected Special Laws and Constitution.
- The Annotated Laws of Massachusetts (ALM®), published by LexisNexis®. The ALM statutory code includes General Laws, Selected Special Laws, Constitutions (MA and US), Court Rules, Legislative Acts, Research Guide and monthly ALS.
- Court Rules, Forms and Standing Orders for Supreme Judicial Court, Appeals Court and the various Trial Courts, including Boston Municipal Court, District Court, Housing Court, Juvenile Court, Land Court, Probate and Family Court, and Superior Court.
- The Annotated Laws of Massachusetts Court Rules, published by LexisNexis.
- Administrative Materials, including Code of Massachusetts Regulations, MA Register, Attorney General Opinions and the findings of key administrative agencies, including the Commission against Discrimination, Department of Telecommunications & Energy and Appellate Tax Board.
- The Code of Massachusetts Regulations, published by Matthew Bender®.
- Legislative materials include bill tracking reports and full-text bills.
Analytical Materials & Secondary Sources
- Matthew Bender® Massachusetts publications, such as Massachusetts Pleading and Practice-Forms & Commentary, Labor and Employment in Massachusetts, Estate Administration in Massachusetts, Massachusetts Domestic Relations and Massachusetts Corporations and Other Business Entities.
- A variety of CLE titles published by Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education.
- Thousands of Massachusetts-specific LexisNexis forms, with searchable TOC and the Practitioner's Toolbox.
- Many Massachusetts Law Reviews such as American Journal of Law and Medicine, Boston Bar Journal, Boston College Law Review, Boston University Law Review, Harvard Law Review, Harvard International Law Journal, the Journal of High Technology Law.
Court Records/Filings/Verdicts and More
- Docket records from Massachusetts U.S. District civil and criminal courts.
- Massachusetts State Briefs and Motions.
- Massachusetts Jury Instructions.
- Jury Verdicts
- Mealey's Massachusetts Torts Verdicts & Settlements
- New England Jury Verdict Review and Analysis
- Massachusetts , Connecticut, and Rhode Island Verdict Reporter
- Bankruptcy filings, federal and Massachusetts state tax liens, UCC lien filings and other Massachusetts judgment & lien filings.
- Massachusetts county tax-assessor property records, deed transfer records and mortgage records.
- Massachusetts Find a Person information.
- A wide range of records to locate active and inactive corporations, limited partnerships, contractors and other Massachusetts businesses, including fictitious business names.
- State professional licenses.
News & Business Sources
- Major Massachusetts news sources including The Boston Globe, The Boston Herald, Harvard Business Review, The Providence Journal-Bulletin, Boston Magazine, and many more.
- Detailed information on Massachusetts public and private companies and their executives from pre-eminent resources such as Dun & Bradstreet®, Hoover’s®, Standard & Poor’s® and others.
LexisNexis® helps you find what you need through user-friendly tools combined with a comprehensive and trusted collection of legal, public records, and news and business content:
- Achieve better outcomes for you and your clients
- Access critical, exclusive content you can’t get anywhere else
- Efficiently conduct research through intuitive, user-friendly tools designed to work for you
- Increase productivity and proactively address client issues
- Manage your business more efficiently and cost-effectively
- Stay well-informed of emerging issues to help identify risks early
- Uncover answers and analyze opportunities through trusted networks and comprehensive solutions
In addition, LexisNexis provides 24/7 research and user assistance, and training, including:
- A wide variety of research assistance support options, from detailed self-help materials to personal 24/7 customer support.
- Training to help you become a better online researcher—no matter what your level of experience. We offer different personalized training options so it’s easy to match your needs and schedule.