Cases, Statutes & Administrative Materials
- Federal case law, including the U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, as well as the U.S. District Courts and Bankruptcy Courts for the State of Michigan.
- State case law, including the Supreme Court of Michigan and the Michigan Court of Appeals. LexisNexis® performs editorial enhancements on case law ranging from the addition of parallel citations and pagination to writing LexisNexis Headnotes® in the precise language of the court.
- Michigan Compiled Laws Service, Constitution, Court Rules, Administrative Code and Advance Legislative Service.
- Michigan Statutes, Constitution, Rules of Court and current year Advance Legislative Service.
- Michigan Attorney General opinions, plus agency coverage that includes the decisions of the Michigan Corporation and Securities Bureau, the Michigan Environmental Administrative Agency and the Public Services Commission.
- Michigan Compiled Laws Service , published by Matthew Bender®.
- Pending Michigan legislation and full-text bills.
Analytical Materials & Secondary Sources
- Matthew Bender Michigan publications, such as Michigan Civil Procedure Litigation Manual, Corporation Law, Michigan Law & Practice, the Michigan Digest and Michigan Evidence Courtroom Manual.
- Restatements and jurisprudences, including Michigan Civil Jurisprudence, the Michigan Digest and the Michigan Law & Practice Encyclopedia.
- Many Michigan Law Reviews such as the Michigan Law Review, the Law Review of Michigan State University, Michigan Journal of International Law, Michigan Journal of Race and Law, Michigan Law & Policy Review, Michigan Lawyers Weekly, Michigan State Law Review, Michigan Tax Lawyer, Thomas M. Cooley Law Review, University of Detroit Mercy Law Review and the Wayne Law Review.
Court Records/Filings/Verdicts and More
- Docket records from Michigan U.S. District civil and criminal courts.
- Jury verdicts, settlements and expert directories for selected Michigan courts.
- Expert witness documents including curricula vitae and resumes, transcripts and depositions, verdicts and settlements, affidavits, reports, briefs, and motions.
- Federal and Michigan jury instructions including jury instructions in real estate litigation, commercial litigation, automobile actions, medical issues, and many more.
- A large offering of practice forms such as electronic discovery forms, Michigan Corporate Forms, Michigan Real Estate Forms, Michigan Local Bankruptcy Forms, and Warren’s Forms of Agreement.
- Federal and Michigan tax liens filings, bankruptcy filings, Michigan Secretary of State UCC lien filings and other state judgment & lien filings.
- Michigan county tax-assessor property records (current and archived), deed transfer records and mortgage records.
- Michigan Person Locator information Michigan criminal history records.
- A wide range of records to locate active and inactive corporations, limited partnerships, contractors and other Michigan businesses, including fictitious business names.
- State professional licenses, including real estate licenses.
News & Business Sources
- Major Michigan news sources including the Detroit Free Press, Detroit News, Ann Arbor News, Bay City Times, Battle Creek Enquirer, Lansing State Journal, Mealey's Litigation News, Grand Rapid Press, the Kalamazoo Gazette, Michigan Bar Journal, Smart Business, Times Herald and more.
- Detailed information on Michigan public and private companies and their executives from pre-eminent resources such as Dun & Bradstreet®, Hoover’s®, Standard & Poor’s® and others.
- Specialized legal and business publications such as Crain’s Detroit Business, Michigan Bar Journal, Michigan Tax Lawyer, Michigan Lawyers Weekly and many more.
LexisNexis® helps you find what you need through user-friendly tools combined with a comprehensive and trusted collection of legal, public records, and news and business content:
- Achieve better outcomes for you and your clients
- Access critical, exclusive content you can’t get anywhere else
- Efficiently conduct research through intuitive, user-friendly tools designed to work for you
- Increase productivity and proactively address client issues
- Manage your business more efficiently and cost-effectively
- Stay well-informed of emerging issues to help identify risks early
- Uncover answers and analyze opportunities through trusted networks and comprehensive solutions
In addition, LexisNexis provides 24/7 research and user assistance, and training, including:
- A wide variety of research assistance support options, from detailed self-help materials to personal 24/7 customer support.
- Training to help you become a better online researcher—no matter what your level of experience. We offer different personalized training options so it’s easy to match your needs and schedule.