New York Legal Research
Gain a competitive legal edge with New York jurisdictional research from LexisNexis, a trusted source that fully understands your needs. Access more state-specific content and tools while gaining improved efficiency, productivity, and confidence.
Cases, Statutes and Administrative Materials
Analytical Materials and Secondary Sources
- State courts plus federal case law, including the U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and the U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Courts for the State of New York. LexisNexis performs editorial enhancements on case law ranging from the addition of parallel citations and pagination to writing LexisNexis® Headnotes in the precise language of the court.
- New York Consolidated Laws Service (fully annotated Statutes, Constitution and Rules, including Practice Insights commentary and practice forms) and the New York Advanced Legislative Service
- New York City Municipal Code, Charter & Rules
- Active regulations of agencies, departments and institutions of the State of New York (NYCRR)
- New York Attorney General opinions, plus state agency coverage
- Pending New York legislation and full-text bills
Court Records/Filings/Verdicts and More
- Matthew Bender® New York Treatises, such as New York Civil Practice: CPLR, authored by Weinstein Korn & Miller; Warren’s Weed; New York Real Property; Warren’s Heaton on Surrogate’s Court Practice; White; New York Business Entities; Warren’s Negligence in the New York Courts and nine New York AnswerGuides®. Plus find New York–specific treatises for 12 practice areas.
- Restatements and jurisprudences, including New York Jurisprudence 2d
- Thousands of New York-specific LexisNexis® forms with searchable ET TOC and the Practitioner’s Toolbox
- Pre-eminent Matthew Bender® Practice Guides, including Bender’s Forms for the Consolidated Laws of New York and Bender’s Forms of Pleading of the State of New York.
- Prince Richardson on Evidence, the definitive New York treatise on Evidence
- Many New York Law Reviews such as Cornell Law Review, Fordham International Law Journal, Columbia Business Law Review, NYU Journal of Law & Business, Pace Law Review, Syracuse Law Review and more
- Docket records from New York U.S. District civil and criminal courts
- New York Supreme Court civil suit dockets for Bronx, Dutchess, Erie, Kings, Nassau, New York, Orange, Putnam, Queens, Richmond, Rockland, Suffolk and Westchester counties.
- New York State Jury Verdict Review and Analysis, with selected jury verdicts and settlements from all New York counties
- Selected briefs, motions and pleadings from New York state courts
- Selected New York Complex Litigation briefs, motions and pleadings
- Selected New York insurance briefs and motions
News and Business Sources
- Bankruptcy filings, federal and New York tax liens, UCC lien filings and other New York judgment & lien filings
- New York county tax-assessor property records, deed transfer records and mortgage records
- New York Find a Person information (and death records)
- A wide range of records to locate active and inactive corporations, limited partnerships, contractors and other New York businesses, including fictitious business names
- State professional licenses
- Major New York news sources including the The New York Times®,The NEW YORK POST®, The Buffalo News, Crain’s New York Business, The Post-Standard, The Times Union and many more
- Detailed information on New York public and private companies and their executives from pre-eminent resources such as Dun & Bradstreet®, Hoover’s®, Standard & Poor’s® and others
- LexisNexis offers a rich variety of different New York-specific titles in epub and LexisNexis® eBook formats, including trusted New York Colorbooks and LexisNexis AnswerGuide™ publications
LexisNexis helps you find what you need through user-friendly tools combined with the most comprehensive and trusted collection of legal, public records, and news and business content.
- Achieve better outcomes for you and your clients
- Access critical, exclusive content you can’t get anywhere else
- Efficiently conduct research through intuitive, user-friendly tools designed to work for you
- Increase productivity and proactively address client issues
- Manage your business more efficiently and cost-effectively
- Stay well-informed of emerging issues to help identify risks early
- Uncover answers and analyze opportunities through trusted networks and comprehensive solutions
In addition, LexisNexis provides 24/7 Research and User Assistance, and Training, including:
- A wide variety of research assistance support options, from detailed self-help materials to personal 24/7 customer support
- Training to help you become a better online researcher—no matter what your level of experience. We offer different personalized training options so it’s easy to match your needs and schedule.