Ohio Legal Research
Gain a competitive legal edge with Ohio jurisdictional research from LexisNexis®, a trusted source that fully understands your needs. Access more state-specific content and tools while gaining improved efficiency, productivity, and confidence.
Cases, Statutes and Administrative Materials
Analytical Materials and Secondary Sources
- Federal case law, including the U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, and the U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Courts for the State of Ohio State case law, including the Ohio Supreme Court and Court of Appeals, reported cases from the Court of Common Pleas and Court of Claims, and an extremely high volume of unpublished cases not available in print.
- LexisNexis performs editorial enhancements on case law ranging from the addition of parallel citations and pagination to writing LexisNexis® headnotes in the precise language of the court.
- Page’s Ohio Revised Code Annotated, plus the Ohio constitution, court rules and advanced legislative service
- Ohio Attorney General opinions, plus agency coverage that includes Ohio Public Utilities Commission decisions
- Pending Ohio legislation and full-text bills
Court Records/Filings/Verdicts and More
- Matthew Bender® Ohio Treatises, such as Ohio Family Law & Practice, Ohio Probate, Ohio Real Property Law and Practice and Ohio-specific treatises for 13 practice areas
- Restatements and jurisprudences, including Ohio Jurisprudence 3d
- Many Ohio Law Reviews such as Ohio State Law Journal, University of Cincinnati Law Review, University of Dayton Law Review and more
- LexisNexis is the official publisher and exclusive print publisher of the Ohio Jury Instructions
- Docket records from Ohio U.S. District civil and criminal courts
- Montgomery County civil and criminal case filings
- Civil Court Summaries from the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio and the U.S. District Court, and the Southern District of Ohio
- The Ohio Trial Reporter, with verdicts and settlements from all Ohio counties
- Selected briefs, motions and pleadings from Ohio state courts
- Selected Ohio Complex Litigation briefs, motions and pleadings
- Selected Ohio insurance briefs and motions
- Jury verdicts, settlements and expert directories for selected Ohio courts
- Expert witness documents including curricula vitae and resumes, transcripts and depositions, verdicts and settlements, affidavits, reports, briefs and motions
- Federal and Ohio jury instructions including jury instructions in real estate litigation, commercial litigation, automobile actions, medical issues and many more
- A large offering of practice forms such as electronic discovery forms, Ohio Forms of Pleading and Practice, Ohio Litigation LexisNexis® forms and Warren’s Forms of Agreement®.
News and Business Sources
- Bankruptcy filings, federal and Ohio tax liens, UCC lien filings and other Ohio judgment & lien filings
- Ohio county tax-assessor property records (current and archived), deed transfer records and mortgage records
- Ohio Person Locator information
- Ohio criminal history records
- A wide range of records to locate active and inactive corporations, limited partnerships, contractors and other Ohio businesses, including fictitious business names
- State professional licenses, including real estate licenses. Health-care provider licenses and liquor licenses are also available
- Major Ohio news sources including the The Columbus Dispatch™, The Plain Dealer, Crain’s Cleveland Business® and many more
- Detailed information on Ohio public and private companies and their executives from pre-eminent resources such as Dun & Bradstreet®, Hoover’s®, Standard & Poor’s® and others
- Specialized legal and business publications such as Crain’s Cleveland Business, Smart Business Columbus, Lloyd’s Corporate Litigation Reporter, Toledo Business Journal and many more
- LexisNexis offers a variety of different Ohio-specific titles in epub and LexisNexis® eBook formats, including Ohio Evidence Courtroom Manual and several court-cited Anderson titles for Ohio
LexisNexis helps you find what you need through user-friendly tools combined with the most comprehensive and trusted collection of legal, public records, and news and business content.
- Achieve better outcomes for you and your clients
- Access critical, exclusive content you can’t get anywhere else
- Efficiently conduct research through intuitive, user-friendly tools designed to work for you
- Increase productivity and proactively address client issues
- Manage your business more efficiently and cost-effectively
- Stay well-informed of emerging issues to help identify risks early
- Uncover answers and analyze opportunities through trusted networks and comprehensive solutions
In addition, LexisNexis provides 24/7 Research and User Assistance, and Training, including:
- A wide variety of research assistance support options, from detailed self-help materials to personal 24/7 customer support
- Training to help you become a better online researcher—no matter what your level of experience. We offer different personalized training options so it’s easy to match your needs and schedule.