Our unique BSA/AML training and certification program offers you the flexibility to attend the entire program from the convenience of your office. The program includes 8 interactive sessions as well as an accompanying manual, which we recommend all attendees familiarize themselves with in advance of the webinar sessions. This self-study guide covers the Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering Requirements and OFAC Requirements.
Regulators need evidence that your financial institution puts a premium on compliance. They want to know that your officers’ skills are up-to-date with the latest regulatory demands. When a regulator sees a LexisNexis® Sheshunoff™ bank secrecy act certificate hanging on your wall, it’s a sign that you have the skills and knowledge necessary to handle today’s toughest challenges.
What You Will Learn
With this in-depth certification program you can:
- Effectively manage money laundering issues for your financial institution
- Anticipate and control risk for your institution
- Protect your institution from civil and monetary penalties
During the webinar portion of the training, our Bank Secrecy Act expert will give you the information and skills needed to administer this critical function, including several real-life examples of suspicious banking activities. The agenda includes:
- BSA/OFAC/Anti-Money Laundering/Patriot Act General Requirements
- CTR's and Exemptions
- BSA Management and Independent Testing
- What You Should Expect and how to choose an Independent Examiner
- CIP, 314 and Other issues
- How to perform a successful BSA/AML Risk Assessment
- How to Prepare for a BSA/AML Examination
- Money Laundering and OFAC
- SAR Reporting and Administration
- Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence
- Discuss Shortcomings of Financial Institutions that have Regulatory Issues
- BSA/AML training including the Board of Directors
Training will be conducted twice daily, from 11-12:30 and 2:30-4 Eastern Time. Each 90-minute session consists of a presentation, interactive review questions and open time for attendees to ask questions. Attendees present for all 8 webinars and who complete a survey will receive a certificate for 9.5 continuing education credits. Those unable to attend a specific session will have access to audio recordings for all sessions along with presentation material on a secure website.
Requirements for BSA Officer Certification
To qualify as a LexisNexis® Sheshunoff™ Certified Bank Secrecy Act Officer:
- Successfully complete the course sessions and pass final exam.
- After purchasing the webinar course, you will receive an email with instructions for logging in on LexisNexis University (LNU), where you can download course materials, log-in to your webinar, take your exam, and receive your certificate.
- Log into LNU www.lexisnexis.com/university and click on 'My Classes' and then 'My Exams'. Email us at SISWebinars@lexisnexis.com if you need assistance.
- Registrants have up to 90 days from the date of the last webinar to take the exams.
- Students must have a grade of 70% or higher to obtain certification. Students will have 2 attempts to pass.
- Complete 5 hours of related continuing education in the year between the initial course and the recertification. We recommend you purchase one of the continuing education packages also available on our website. Submit proof of hours completed to SISWebinars@lexisnexis.com.
- Certification expires two years after the date it was issued. To recertify, students must attend a new preparation course or have a current subscription to the manual, and must retake the exam.
Nelson F. Everhardt is a former Senior Vice President and Corporate Compliance Executive for Bank of America where he directed a global BSA/AML compliance Program. He is also President of Everhardt & Associates, LLC, an independent consulting firm specializing in proactive compliance solutions to the Financial Services Industry. As an expert on anti-money laundering compliance programs, software solutions and regulatory topics including fraud, Nelson has consulted with top financial institutions-both large and small and leading software providers. He is a frequent speaker at global industry and government conferences, including a recent United Nations Forum in Vienna, Austria. In addition to leading our BSA Certification Program, Mr. Everhardt has partnered with Sheshunoff to develop Internet-based, business-specific AML training programs.
In addition to Bank Secrecy Act certification, LexisNexis® Sheshunoff™ carries some of the most comprehensive BSA/AML guides and manuals to assist in building your compliance programs. Most of our titles are available in print or eBook formats:
Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering Service
Authored by Lorraine Hyde, provides step-by-step guidance to help you stay in compliance and includes tools such as sample BSA compliance policies, checklists, and training materials.
Stay on top of the latest BSA/Anti-money laundering developments and changing regulatory requirements with this bi-weekly newsletter.
BSA/Anti-Money Laundering: Internal Audit and Risk Management
This guide includes information on the latest topics such as remote deposit capture, consolidated risk assessments, electronic banking and new BSA issues, smart cards, recent enforcement actions, red flags for money laundering, and providing banking services to money service businesses.
BSA Officer Certification Program
This handbook provides explanations of regulatory requirements, sample policies and procedures, checklists, and training outlines for the staff of each department or operational area of a financial institution.
A diverse selection of CPE-credited online training covering the latest topics in BSA/AML, Risk, Portfolio Management, and more.
BSA/AML Continuing Education Packages
These exclusive 5-disk packages include live recordings and presentation materials from 5 bank secrecy act-related conferences and will fulfill CE requirements for 1 year. Material comes in CDROM format.
For Auditors and Managers
Includes BSA/AML challenges plus trends in Money Laundering: How to identify them and protect your institution.
For Frontline Personnel
Comprehensive BSA/AML training including steps to stop threats to your financial institution: Proper identification and completion of CTR and SAR reports.
For Executives and Directors
Learn how to respond to current anti-money laundering challenges, train your leadership team and board of directors on BSA risk, and how to build a sustainable monitoring process.