Texas Legal Research
Gain a competitive legal edge with Texas jurisdictional research from LexisNexis®, a trusted source that fully understands your needs. Access more state-specific content and tools while gaining improved efficiency, productivity, and confidence.
Cases, Statutes & Administrative Materials
Analytical Materials & Secondary Sources
- Federal case law, including U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, as well as the U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Courts for the State of Texas.
- State case law, including the Supreme Court of Texas, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals and the Texas Court of Appeals. LexisNexis performs editorial enhancements on case law ranging from the addition of parallel citations and pagination to writing LexisNexis® headnotes in the precise language of the court.
- Texas Code, Constitution, Court Rules, and Advance Legislative Service.
- Texas Attorney General opinions, plus agency coverage that includes Texas Public Utilities Commission decisions.
- Pending Texas legislation and full-text bills.
Court Records/Filings/Verdicts and More
- Matthew Bender® Texas publications, such as Dorsaneo, Texas Litigation Guide; Texas Civil Trial Guide; Texas Criminal Practice Guide; and Texas-specific treatises for 8 practice areas, including Texas Torts and Remedies.
- Restatements and jurisprudences, including Texas Jurisprudence 3d.
- Many Texas Law Reviews such as Baylor Law Review, Texas Law Review, Houston Business and Tax Law Journal and more.
- Docket records from Texas U.S. District civil and criminal courts.
- Selected Texas briefs, motions and pleadings.
- Selected Texas Complex Litigation briefs, motions and pleadings.
- North Texas Reports and The Texas Reporter, which include jury verdicts and settlements for Texas cases.
- Jury verdicts, settlements and expert directories for selected Texas courts.
- Expert witness documents including curricula vitae and resumes, transcripts and depositions, verdicts and settlements, affidavits, reports, briefs and motions.
- Federal and Texas jury instructions including jury instructions in real estate litigation, commercial litigation, automobile actions, medical issues and many more.
- A large offering of practice forms, such as electronic discovery forms, Texas Transaction Guide: Legal Forms and Warren’s Forms of Agreements®.
News & Business Sources
- Bankruptcy filings, federal and Texas tax liens, UCC lien filings and other Texas judgment & lien filings.
- Texas county tax-assessor property records (current and archived), deed transfer records and mortgage records.
- Texas Person Locator information (and death records).
- A wide range of records to locate active and inactive corporations, limited partnerships, contractors and other Texas businesses, including fictitious business names.
- State professional licenses, including real estate licenses and tax professional licenses. Health care provider licenses are also available.
- LexisNexis is the exclusive online third-party provider of the Texas Lawyer, the state's only legal affairs newspaper, and the only provider of the publication's news archives (more than six months old)
- Major Texas news sources including Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle, the Austin American-Statesman, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram and more
- Detailed information on Texas public and private companies and their executives from pre-eminent resources such as Dun & Bradstreet®, Hoover’s®, Standard & Poor’s® and others
- Specialized legal and business publications such as Dallas Business Journal, Houston Business Journal, San Antonio Business Journal, Texas Bar Journal, Texas Business Review and many more
LexisNexis helps you find what you need through user-friendly tools combined with the most comprehensive and trusted collection of legal, public records, and news and business content.
- Achieve better outcomes for you and your clients
- Access critical, exclusive content you can’t get anywhere else
- Efficiently conduct research through intuitive, user-friendly tools designed to work for you
- Increase productivity and proactively address client issues
- Manage your business more efficiently and cost-effectively
- Stay well-informed of emerging issues to help identify risks early
- Uncover answers and analyze opportunities through trusted networks and comprehensive solutions
In addition, LexisNexis provides 24/7 Research and User Assistance, and Training, including:
- A wide variety of research assistance support options, from detailed self-help materials to personal 24/7 customer support
- Training to help you become a better online researcher—no matter what your level of experience. We offer different personalized training options so it’s easy to match your needs and schedule.