- View in:
- Choose the language in which you wish to view the Quicklaw service. Quicklaw remembers your choice and will appear in the same language the next time you sign on. You may change your preference the next time you sign on if you wish.
- Enter your Quicklaw ID. For assistance with your ID, please contact Customer Support at 1-800-387-0899 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter your Quicklaw password. For assistance with your password, please contact Customer Support at 1-800-387-0899 or email@example.com.
- Forgot your ID?
- If you have forgotten your ID, click this link to receive an email with access to your ID.
- Forgot your password?
- If you have forgotten your password, click this link to receive an email with access to your password information.
Quicklaw will send an email to the address we have on file for you.
- Sign In
- After providing your ID and password, click this button to begin your
Quicklaw research session.
Select this checkbox if you prefer not to type your ID and password each time
you enter the Quicklaw research service. If you use more than
one browser, remember to save your sign-in information on each one.
Note: This function is not recommended for use on public workstations.
All research performed at a workstation will be assigned to the ID in use
when "Remember my Sign-In Information" was checked, and that ID
will accrue charges accordingly.
- To turn off the "Remember my Sign-In information" option,
sign off the Quicklaw research service and click the "Un-save
my Sign-In information" link on the screen that appears.
Bypass the Sign-In Page
If you prefer to bypass the Quicklaw start page where you sign in, do
- Enter your ID and password as described above.
- Check the "Remember Me" checkbox.
- Use your browser's bookmark feature to point to the
Quicklaw research service: www.lexisnexis.com/ca/legal.
Use a Secure Connection (SSL) for Entire Session
Your Quicklaw sign-in information is always sent over a secure connection
using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). However, if you click the "Use
a Secure Connection for
link, your entire session is transmitted using a secure connection. Secured
Sockets Layer (SSL) is the standard encryption protocol used to provide a secure
connection. With SSL in place, information is encrypted before it is transmitted
between your computer and Quicklaw, blocking any attempt to observe
this information by another party.
- SSL encryption may result in slightly slower system performance over
a dial-up connection.
- To turn off the secure connection, click the Sign-Off link at the
top of any Quicklaw research service page, then sign back on,
leaving the "Use a secure connection for entire session" box unchecked. Or, while in the Quicklaw research service, click Preferences at the top of the screen and uncheck the "Use a secure
connection for entire session" option on the screen that appears.
Register to Personalize Your ID and Password
If the "Register Now" and "Register Later" buttons appear under your sign-in
form, you can personalize your ID and password to use certain product
features such as preferences and saved searches.
- Click Register Now to create a personalized ID and password.
Note: This feature is only available for users with IP authentication.
Check with your system administrator if you have questions.
- If you prefer to register later, click that button and enter the Quicklaw research service. You can click the Register link on the top navigation
bar within the Quicklaw research service to change your ID and password.