Translations on Nexis® are generated by Google™ Translate, a machine-translation technology developed by Google. No proprietary or identifying information is transmitted to Google, no data is cached, and Google has no access to your search queries search logic.
The search interface, result lists, and articles are "machine translated" in the language of your choice, allowing all users access to critical news, company, industry and biographical insights.
A translation generated by machine-translation software is no substitute for a professional human translator.
- LexisNexis does not take responsibility for the accuracy, reliability or completeness of any translation; the results of any translation are “as is.” LexisNexis offers no customer support for translations generated using the Google Translate.
- LexisNexis makes no guarantees, representations, or warranties of any kind with respect to product or article translations on Nexis® and disclaims any liability, loss or damages suffered based on the user’s reliance of any kind or for any purpose with respect to the content of translations.
To activate translations on any search or results page, select the language of choice from the translator drop-down list on the far right of the screen. Translations are persistent through any research session; all screens and documents are displayed in your language of choice until you sign out. You may turn translations off at any time using the drop-down list options.
- There is no additional fee for the service.
- The translator renders any on-screen text in your language of choice.
- All search pages, result lists, and documents are translated.
- Documents are translated when they are accessed.
- Alerts are delivered in the original publication language.
- Web pages accessed through document links are not translated.
- Translated documents or result lists are not available through standard LexisNexis® delivery options. Please use standard browser printing tools to deliver translated articles.