A digital library provides eBook lending capabilities, much like lending a physical book, in addition to library management functionality. But how would that work for your organization in reality? What are the benefits? (See graphics in PDF)
A LexisNexis® Digital Library can unlock mobile access and increase research productivity while helping you save subscription costs and manage title usage. A LexisNexis Digital Library can:
1. Offer links to case law and additional Lexis Advance® content. LexisNexis® eBooks give you the structure of print plus the benefits of linking to important full-text cases, statutes and other information at Lexis Advance.
2. Support mobile progression. LexisNexis eBooks are compatible with all major devices (Apple®, Samsung® Android™, Kindle®, etc.) and accessible via PC, smartphone and tablet device. Access eBooks with in-browser reading using OverDrive Read™.
3. Reduce overhead costs. Print collection upkeep equates to about seven times the cost of the initial purchase, research shows. LexisNexis Digital Library, hosted by industry leader OverDrive®, requires minimal staff resources and decreases overhead associated with print books. (No more lost pages or replacement books.)
4. Leverage technology. Realize the cost savings in shelving, filing, tracking, postage and space savings while boosting your library’s technology savvy. See eBooks—checked in and out—using the Content Reserve Dashboard tools from OverDrive.
5. Update automatically and offer continued platform enhancements. With OverDrive, all new software updates, app updates, features, format options, administrative tools and training services are included in the annual fee.
6. Is available anywhere you are 24/7. Gain access to the library anytime from anywhere on the planet.
7. Work with your user access-authentication process. OverDrive can authenticate user credentials with proxy servers, e.g., EZProxy®, and similar proxy services.
8. Give you Content Reserve Dashboard tools. View real-time tracking reports on:
9. Look like your library. Customized with your logo and your eBook collection, your single OverDrive website offers easy access for patrons and librarians.
10. Benefit from proven buyer experience. LexisNexis is the only legal research provider working with OverDrive, the leading provider of eBooks in the United States.