InfoPro Home > Total Alerts
LexisNexis Total Alerts
About LexisNexis Total Alerts
LexisNexis Total Alerts powered by Ozmosys® empowers information professionals with tools to personalize and effectively distribute high-value electronic content to legal professionals. With Total Alerts you can …
- Consolidate information from your existing LexisNexis Subscriptions (i.e. LexisNexis® Publisher, Mealey's®, CourtLink®), other premium content subscriptions (i.e. BNA®, CCH®, Securities Mosaic, and more), Web sites, and RSS feeds into one daily update.
- Easily manage and distribute different updates to different people/departments within your organization.
- Subscribe and unsubscribe from specific updates as your information needs change.
- Alpha Directory—This tool will now allow you to search for users and alerts in alphabetical order by simply using the A – Z directory.
- Distribution Lists—As the Total Alerts Administrator, a librarian can create distribution lists with no limitations and assign customized information, i.e., topic groups and individual alerts, to members of the firm.
- E-mails—End users have the option of receiving two e-mails—morning and late afternoon—as well as choosing to receive e-mail only when there is new information. “Update Now” allows users to check for updates throughout the day.
- Prioritizing Alerts—You can arrange the order of Alerts in a user’s e-mail so that they appear by importance or relevance rather than by alphabetical order.
- Reports—The reporting tool allows the Total Alerts administrator for the firm to monitor the number of users receiving any particular alert. It also allows the administrator to remove users from a specific alert.
- Topics—This feature allows you to group similar alerts together for more efficient distribution. You can combine the power of the Topics feature with the Distribution List to assign subscriptions all at once to entire group of people as well.
- Time Zones—You can choose when users receive their Total Alerts e-mail by selecting the applicable time zone.
Managing LexisNexis Total Alerts
Total Alerts offers an easy-to-use Web-based interface that requires no software downloads. For complete details on implementing and maintaining Total Alerts in your organization, please view/download a copy of the User Guide under the “Available Literature” section at the top right of this page. If you are a current subscriber or are considering purchasing Total Alerts for your organization, and want to see how simple it is to add, remove, or change sequence of your Alerts, please view/download a copy of the Total Alerts Quick Tips Guide also at top right of this page in the “Available Literature” section.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the main reason why a legal information professional would want to use LexisNexis Total Alerts?
LexisNexis Total Alerts gets legal information professionals out of the business of being a “human routing machine.” The task of tracking up to hundreds of topics and sending customized updates to hundreds of attorneys from dozens of subscriptions can take hours. The Ozmosys technology automates this process so librarians can focus on more strategic activities. Automating this task also makes it timelier. Librarians aren’t spending hours manually consolidating information, so they are able to distribute it in the early morning hours, rather than just before noon.
How would attorneys in my law firm benefit from LexisNexis Total Alerts?
In a nutshell, attorneys will enjoy the single e-mail they receive each day that contains all the primary and relevant information pertaining to their practice and clients.
We use RSS feeds in our firm, why would I want Total Alerts?
RSS is great and is certainly a trend that we will continue to see, it does have certain limitations that need to be addressed. Most importantly, the fact that only about 30% of the content out on the Web is currently available in this format and it is only as good as the people that update the RSS feeds. That being said, the combination of LexisNexis Total Alerts technology and RSS provides you with a larger pool of Web sources than can be offered by a RSS-only provider
What are the scheduled times for the morning and afternoon deliveries?
Morning = 8:00 – 8:30 AM EST/EDT Afternoon = 5:00 – 5:30 PM EST/EDT
I want my users’ preferences to be consistent. Is there a way to create a default so that I don’t have to do this for every single user in the firm?
Yes, when you are logged in, select the MAIN category/button and you can enter the settings there.
After we purchase Total Alerts, who enters all the names in the user database?
The firm can provide an Excel file that contains first name, last name and e-mail address of all individuals who will be receiving information via Total Alert. Additional entries for new hires, summer associates, etc. are completed by the firm unless there are more than 10, in which case you can furnish LexisNexis with an Excel file with the additional names.
Can we have daily content from a Total Alerts Topic(s) posted to our intranet also?
Yes. For additional details, please contact your LexisNexis Librarian Relations Consultant or LexisNexis account representative.
Does LexisNexis Total Alerts work with wireless devices such as a BlackBerry®?
Yes, we currently support delivery via BlackBerry. To ensure proper delivery, you will need to select “Plain-text” e-mail format for those users under their individual Total Alerts settings.
Ask A Question About LexisNexis Total Alerts
Items marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Back to Top >>