InfoPro Home > Training & Tutorials > Research Tips
Find, View and Import Clauses Directly into Documents
(June 26, 2004)
LexisNexis Clause Manager is a combination of software that gives your patrons the ability to Find, view and import, (or cut and paste), clauses into their documents, and value-added content, helping them facilitate the document drafting process. They can do all of this without leaving their word processor, and enables them to view these clauses and the document they are drafting at the same time.
LexisNexis Clause Manager allows your patrons to:
- Leverage their past work product by reusing pieces of text, called clauses, that were originally parts of documents drafted for a specific purpose
- Locate clauses that have been classified by topic and saved, making this valuable language easily accessible when similar issues arise in the future
- Select pre-sorted clauses drawn from the vast Matthew Bender® form collection or organize and classify the firm's documents into topical clause libraries
Annotate clauses, for example, with instructions about when to use the clause, by citing authorities related to the clause, or providing links to Web pages, word processor files and email addresses
- Classify clauses by values assigned to relevant attributes, such as jurisdiction, practice area and clause-type, etc.
Take a look at the Clause Manager Web demo at: http://www.lexisnexis.com/clausemanager/tour/
- Search for clauses by specific attribute or by specifying words the clause must contain