InfoPro Home > Training & Tutorials
> Research Tips
Creating Shortcuts to Your LexisNexis Resources
(March 4, 2005)
Like many people, you may have hundreds of bookmarks for internet research
sites. It can be frustrating to locate the one you need quickly. For
many of the resources that LexisNexis provides, you can create desktop
shortcuts which help to alleviate this frustration.
Perhaps you’d like to have the Zimmerman’s Research Guide or the
Directory of Online Sources accessible from you desktop. Here’s
how you can make this a reality.
Let’s use the Directory of Online Sources as an example.
- Open the Directory of Online Sources –
- Highlight the address
- Right click and select “Copy”
- Go to your desktop
- Right click and select “New”
- Select “Shortcut”
- At “Create Shortcut”, paste in the URL you copied earlier for the
Directory of Online Sources
- Select “Next”
- Type in the name of your shortcut - Directory of Online Sources
- Select “Finish”
No more looking for that bookmark! Simply click on the appropriate icon on
your desktop and you are immediately connected to the site you selected.